☠︎︎ 12. Perspective of Time ☠︎︎

— all I need is you and me

why is it so hard to believe me?

don't you hear it in my voice

that all I want is to be yours? —

Well shit, Chay fucked up, didn't he? Snooping through Kim's cabin and especially through his treasure chest and being caught? Wonderful job, Chay, really...

"Found something nice?" Kim asked and Chay had no idea how to read his expression or the tone of his voice. Was he mad? Was he not?

Chay slowly stood up, straightened his body, and looked Kim right in the eyes, "I didn't mean to... umm..."

A corner of Kim's lips twitched into a half-smirk, "I'm not accusing you of anything, Chay. Relax." Kim cocked his head a little bit to the right and smiled, "nice earring..."

Chay's hand automatically shot up to the earring, his fingers brushing over the blue droplets, "I just thought that I would try it... not like I think that I can keep it or anything."

"You can keep it. It looks nice on you," Kim said and reached for Chay's waist, successfully making Chay's head spin.

What was happening?

Kim's fingers were hot and firm on Chay's body. Chay could only follow Kim's movements. Kim sat him down on the edge of the bed and took off Chay's shirt.

Chay took a deep breath when Kim's fingers touched his chest, feeling the goosebumps slowly covering his skin. Squatting down in front of Chay, Kim looked into his eyes and shook his head, "I might act like an asshole to you, but I'm not going to let you walk around with open wounds, darlin'. Look at yourself. Are you going to tell me that it doesn't hurt?"

The truth was... it didn't hurt. Not much, until Kim brought Chay's attention back to reality. Chay didn't really know why he even started snooping around Kim's cabin before... now he understood... he wanted to distract himself from the burning pain he felt spreading through his body. Those cuts especially on his hands weren't that deep and they weren't even bleeding much anymore, but now when he looked at his chest he couldn't say the same. Those cuts were still bleeding and his shirt was no longer pristine white. Kim was right—it hurt and he wanted Kim to take care of it, he just wasn't expecting Kim to actually care enough to do it.

And yet, the first thing that came out of his mouth wasn't a thank you or yes it hurts, instead it was, "you are not acting like an asshole."

Kim huffed a short chuckle and stood up, "you are right, I don't act like an asshole—I am one."

"You aren't," Chay grabbed Kim's hand, "I know that you just need time. I'm good at waiting. I've waited my whole life for you anyway."

Kim sighed and stepped away, forcing Chay to lose touch with his body, "I am a human. I do shitty things. You can't excuse everything wrong I do just because you have dreamed me into life... If I didn't send you to sleep below deck, you wouldn't be bleeding right now..."