☠︎︎ 15. Raging Fondness ☠︎︎

— there's a raging storm in my soul

I wish I could love you and tell you so

but I hope you understand

that this is our beginning, not the end —

Chay gulped down, watching as two pirate crews were preparing a wooden plank coming from the Reckoning to the Scropion, creating a makeshift bridge between those two vessels. This was crazy. Insane! He was sure there was a better way to get on the Reckoning. They didn't have to play acrobats because of that. They really didn't.

Chay tugged on Kim's shirt, asking for attention. Kim looked at him, Kim's hair was dancing in the light wind breezing through the ocean, making Chay want to reach into his pocket, take out his phone and take a picture or a video, but he knew that he couldn't. And maybe this was better. He would just imprint this moment into his memory and keep it tugged close to his heart.

"Chay?"

Oh, Chay blinked a couple of times. By the look on Kim's face, this wasn't the first time Kim called out his name. Pull yourself together, Chay, we get it—Kim's beauty is out of this world, Chay scolded himself briefly, and he cleared his throat, "uhm... so I might have a question."

"Done admiring your handsome captain?" Kim smirked.

If Kim thought that pointing out exactly what Chay was doing would make Chay shy, then he was wrong. Chay straightened up his posture and looked right into Kim's eyes, pronouncing loud and clear, "yes."

Kim chuckled.

"At least for now," Chay added. "But back to my question. Do we really have to go over to the Reckoning now? Can't we get to a port first and then switch ships?"

"The nearest port is at least three days away. I have to go there, check if everything is alright, and talk to my crew. This," Kim cocked his head towards the wooden plank, "is the fastest option. Besides, it's not that bad. We'll be on the other side in less than a minute. And," Kim wrapped his arm around Chay's waist, "I won't let you fall."

"Not on purpose," Chay mumbled under his breath.

"Chay," Kim squeezed Chay's waist, "it's gonna be alright."

"Can you do that here?"

"Do what?" Kim frowned.

"Holding me like that..." Chay's eyes scanned the ship, but everyone seemed to be focused on their tasks.