☠︎︎ 9. The Scorpion ☠︎︎

— careful, matey, where your steps will lead you

not everyone is nice, not everyone is with you

below deck a secret is hiding

only the brave will survive its finding —

The Scorpion, the princess of the seas... Kim always liked her. She was smaller than The Reckoning but bigger than most of the ships that could be seen on the ocean waves. When Captain Archer made Kim the captain of The Scorpion, Kim thought that there was no better vessel than her. Now, he knew that The Reckoning was where he was meant to be. The Scorpion made him a real captain, but The Reckoning was what made him the feared captain he was now. He wouldn't give up on her. Not until he would try even the impossible to get her back.

And for that, he needed his Scorpion with one-third of his crew that was on her deck.

Every time Kim went to the deadly waters of the Bay of Sorrows, he never went there with the entire fleet, knowing better than to enter the devil's land without a backup plan. But he never thought that one day he would get to that godforsaken place without his feet firmly standing on the deck of The Reckoning. But now, Kim here stood on the dry land with his feet, while his most treasured vessel was lost in the waters.

Chay stood frozen for a second or a minute, his mind not believing it was real. He was there in front of a pirate ship more elegant and mighty than his mind could ever dream of. Suddenly, he felt so small and insignificant right next to it. He wanted to sail the seas on her deck and live the life that was meant for him hundreds of years before he was even born into this world. His body was itching to get closer, his ears were ringing with the ship calling his name.

He looked at Kim, eyes full of wonder. He whispered, "she's gorgeous."

"She's mine," Kim smirked and walked past Chay, casually strolling towards the ship, and then he yelled, "first mate!"

Chay quickly caught up with Kim, watching as a man appeared on the deck.

"Who's bloody yell—Captain Kimhan!"

"Gangplank!" Kim ordered, and Chay only watched in awe how one side of a long and heavy wooden plank hit the boardwalk, successfully making a bridge between the ship and the shore.

"After you," Kim pushed Chay forward and followed suit close behind him.

Chay's legs were shaking. Each step he took felt as if he was knees deep in mud, pushing his best into safety. He was nervous, but when Kim's hand briefly wrapped around his wrist just to pull him closer to the middle of the gangplank, all the nervousness suddenly disappeared, and all that was left was pure excitement. It was happening, Chay was about to set his foot on a real pirate ship!