☠︎︎ 7. Fire Lit ☠︎︎

— the ship was lost, the crew was gone

but he wasn't alone, he had someone

the boy listened to the tale

of the pirate, he wished to know well —

Year of our lord 1710 — Port la Royale

"You are in celibate?"

The question slipped Chay's mouth the moment Kim had finished recalling his story. Was it the most important part of the story? No? Was it the most unbelievable part? Yes.

Chay knew a thing or two about pirates, obviously. And if the present-day society wasn't collectively wrong about pirates all this time than a pirate who wasn't interested in fucking almost every woman or man they saw, was very rare...

So, don't blame Chay for not believing every bullshit that Kimhan says. Besides, the context in which Kim said that—he was definitely bluffing. Chay was sure that Kim was bluffing. Slowly, but surely, Chay was going to learn how to read Kimhan the phantom of a pirate.

Kim had not stopped looking at Chay from the moment they sat down at the table until now. But his expressions were giving out those little signals about what he might have felt or thought about Chay. And right now there was almost this flabbergasted look on his face, the right corner of his lips twitching a little, but Chay couldn't guess whether it was a sign of an incoming involuntary smile or just a tick as an ominous sign of a boiling anger.

"This... is the most important thing to you from everything I said?" a confused short laugh left Kim's mouth. "Do you think I'm telling my life story to every idiot I come across? If you have nothing valuable to say then just shut your pretty mouth!"

Chay might have felt a little bad, but he figured that telling a pirate how he felt sorry for him wouldn't be appreciated much either. Besides, whether Kim was fucking around or not was actually important to Chay. Sue him!

Kim might not know it yet, but they were indeed in a relationship! You won't slip through my fingers, little pirate. I've been waiting my whole life for you.

Chay kept a straight face, shuffling on his slightly—okay, a lot—uncomfortable chair. Rubbing his arms to keep himself warm, he started explaining, "the celibate thing just seems to be the most unbelievable part of your story. That's all."

"Fucking around did nothing for me just distracted me from my search for the treasure. Besides," Kim shrugged with a smug expression plastered on his face, "Rosa was one of those annoying ones—I had to finally tell her something so she would stop bothering me."