You warm me up

Going out to buy some snacks seemed like a good idea at first.

"I'm meeting Minho, I can't come, sorry" was his best friend's answer when he proposed to accompany him, but Felix had reassured him that it was fine, he would go alone, there was no problem.

And now he found himself running under the intense unexpected rain of that winter afternoon looking for a shelter. At least he was holding a bag full of his favorite sweets.

It was a fortune to find a bus stop with a roofing. He sighed with relief as he stopped under it.

He looked at the bag, admiring the snacks inside for a moment, and noticed that it was quite wet outside, with some drops of rain even on the food packaging, inside. His clothes and hair were wet. It was his fault that he had not brought a heavier jacket with him; he had believed in that clear sky illuminated by that beautiful sun and the temperature not too low, and had not put on a jacket, being able to stay good anyway and not wanting to cover the cute outfit he had chosen when he decided to go out.

He regretted not checking the weather before he left.

He looked around, observing how the surrounding area had become so quickly dark and how almost nothing could be seen with that rain and the intense fog that surrounded him. The only source of light was created by street lamps and cars that occasionally passed through that street.

The school was about a 10 minute walk from where he was at the time, and he really didn't feel like walking the street. Not in the dark by himself with that rain.

It was so cold and wrapping himself in his arms didn't help at all. He would have to wait another 25 minutes before the bus could arrive and he was afraid he could turn into a popsicle all that time.

He was sitting with his legs closed around his hands, trying to warm them, but his whole body was shaking and his nose and cheeks were red from the cold.

The first thing he thought of doing was calling his best friend. With shivering fingers he managed to turn on his phone and type Jisung's name into the contacts to call him.

It took six rings before a voice echoed from the speakers.

"Hi, it's Jisung. At the moment I am not reachable but-" the sentence was not finished because the blond removed the phone from his ear and pressed the button to end the call. Answering machine, at that moment it had to happen?

He was too desperate to be angry or to sit up and complain about the shit he was in. Rather, he thought about who might be available at that time and could help him.

'Seungmin!' he thought immediately afterwards, but before he could even type his name on his phone he heard a voice nearby calling him.

"Yongbok?" the named boy looked up to capture two dark irises that had been watching him for maybe longer than he imagined.

He smiled sweetly at the vision of the tall, raven-haired boy holding an umbrella and looking at him with worried eyes, "Hey, aren't you cold?" he ran immediately towards him, closing the umbrella, being now under the roofing of the bus stop.

"Hi, Mark" he replied, observing his seemingly studied movements as he took off his jacket, "Hey, no need, really" he hurried to say; he didn't want to be a nuisance, he didn't want the other guy to have to suffer the cold because of him.

"You're freezing" Mark repeated the last word to remind him of the state he was in if he forgot, "The sweatshirt I'm wearing will keep me warm, you take my jacket, I'll be fine, trust me" he handed him the clothing Felix took and willingly wore.

He breathed a sigh of relief without even realizing at the sudden warmth that enveloped him when he closed the zip, "Thank you very much".

"You're welcome" Mark smiled, looking him in the eye for a few seconds, until Felix looked to the side, wandering with his eyes, realizing that their eyes had been chained for too long without words in the middle.