Threads of Fate

A week later, Felix found himself running with Mark to the specified classroom after making a mistake twice, hoping not to be too late for the start of class.

Jisung was waiting outside the classroom door with his arms crossed while Minho stood next to him. He looked up and saw them, his lips moved and Jisung's eyes snapped up and looked closely at the two boys who stopped a few feet away from them.

"Is it really that difficult to meet at the set time?" he rhetorically asked, dropping his arms at his sides.

"I thought we agreed we'd be here five minutes before the start of the class?" Minho's tone of voice was too calm, given the glaring look he was giving them.

"Hey, it's not my fault! Felix made me wait because he was still getting ready" he turned to the blond next to him, who threw a fiery look at him.

"Well, no one asked you to wait for me".

"Yes, you did". In response Felix stuck out his tongue.

Jisung looked at him, "You were almost ready when I left!".

"No, I was not!" he exclaimed, "And we entered the wrong classroom twice." Felix laughed at the memory of what had happened and Mark followed him, giggling.

"Just know that Hae Choi and Han Seo-Jun are not just friends." Mark informed them amused, as Felix's face twisted into a disgusted little grimace. It was enough information, Jisung and Minho did not want to know more about it.

"Yes, that's fine, but let's enter now." Minho's bored voice made them regain composure. They opened the door and entered, apologising for their delay, and sat in the remaining seats.

The desks were arranged in groups of three and Felix had to sit next to another boy, Mark following him right after, sitting next to him.

Only when Felix sat down next to him, the guy who had occupied a seat on one desk first looked up from his sketchbook to look at him and once he saw him he could not take his eyes off him. He observed him hoping it was just his impression, but apparently the person who had sat next to him was Lee Felix, with his friend besides.

Feeling watched, the blond looked at him, and there he realized who was sitting next to him. The sweet little smile that he had on his lips since he had entered fell and the two looked into each other's eyes for a long time; the only thing they could hear was the noisy awkward silence between them. There really wasn't anything to be embarrassed about in that silence, it was perhaps the way they were looking at each other without uttering a word. Or maybe it was just the fact that they were looking at each other for such a long time. Yet neither of them could take their eyes off the other, as if they were observing a beautiful work of art for the last time they could.

It was the professor's voice, seemingly louder than before, that woke them up, and only then did they notice his gaze on them, "Have you all understood? Does anyone have any questions?" and he looked back at the rest of the class.

Felix felt his ears warm from the embarrassment of what had happened. Not with the professor, but with Hyunjin, while the latter could only feel a knot in his stomach upon seeing who the blond had shown up with.

Mark, next to him, asked him if everything was okay, but Felix could only nod.

Several times during the lesson, Hyunjin's eyes were on Felix against his will. That urge was too strong for him to resist. He looked so pretty as he listened to the professor and his hand moved so sinuously on the sheet he was using.

And only a couple of times did Felix notice, but he didn't dare turn his gaze in his direction. He didn't want him to understand that those looks meant something to him and were even appreciated.