Chapter 11: The Forbidden Forest

Couple months later, and it was spring time. The Great Hall was filled with students, as they were studying for their first-year exams. After she returned from her holidays, Joni had let Hermione know he hadn't been able to find anything on Flamel, while also telling her about the invisibility cloak and how he and Harry had seen their parents in the Mirror of Erised. Hermione, while feeling sad for Joni, advised him not to go looking for the mirror, with Joni assuring her he wouldn't, even joking he wouldn't even be able to find it anymore.

Hermione kept studying, and while Joni was doing the same, he was getting slightly distracted by Millie who was sitting on his lap, as was Harry, while Ron was simply playing with the wizard cards. They were also joined by Caitlin, sitting next to Hermione on her left, and she was studying while rolling a pen between her fingers.

At that moment, Hedwig flew to the table on top of few books, with Harry turning to her and saying "Hi, Hedwig." Millie then got off from Joni's lap and jumped on the table, and the two animals turned to each other and started making noises, like they were talking to each other. Joni smiled at this as he glanced at them before returning to his studies.

"Look at you, playing with your cards." Hermione then said as she looked at Ron, and the others focused on her. "Pathetic. We've got final exams coming up soon."

"Yeah, Ron." Caitlin then jumped in. "You don't wanna fail your first year, do you?"

"I'm ready." Ron said confidently. "Ask me any question." He finished, while Joni, Harry and Caitlin just smiled at him.

"All right." Hermione said. "What are the three most crucial ingredients in a Forgetfulness Potion?"

Ron pondered, and looking down said "I forgot."

Joni scoffed and said "Might as well have taken the potion itself, mate." with Harry and Caitlin chuckling.

"And what, may i ask..." Hermione then continued. "... do you plan to do if this comes up in the final exams?"

"Copy off you?" Ron suggested.

"No you won't." Hermione immediately said. "Besides, according to Professor McGonagall, we're to be given special quills bewitched with an anti-cheating spell."

"Professor Sprout told us the same thing" Caitlin added in. "Besides, you would never catch me with a cheating spell."

"That's insulting!" Ron said as he turned to Harry. "It's as if they don't trust us." Harry didn't know what to do besides look at the other three and lift his arms up. Ron looked at one his cards when he flipped it.

"Dumbledore again." he said as he put it down.

"I don't know about you lot but i think the professors have reasons to do that." Joni cheekily said, and Hermione rolled her eyes at him while smiling.

Just then, Neville came hopping into the hall while his legs were stuck together. The other students started to laugh when they saw him, and the five kids turned to see him.

"Leg-Locker Curse?" Ron asked.

"Malfoy." Harry simply said and Ron nodded.

" Harry simply said and Ron nodded