Chapter 43: Hermione's Secret

Later, Joni started to regain conciousness. When he opened his eyes slowly, he noticed he was laying on a bed in the Hospital Wing.

"Joni?"

He heard a voice next to him, and felt a hand holding his. When he turhed to his left, he saw Hermione sitting on the bed he was laying on, holding his hand with a worried look.

"Hi, Hermione." Joni greeted, smiling a little.

A smile broke on Hermione's face, and Joni started to sit up slowly and look around. he saw Caitlin comforting Ron, who had his ankle on a cast, on the opposite side from him and Harry, who was still unconcious on the bed next to his.

"What happened?"

"We found you, Harry and Sirius unconsious by the lake and brought you back. You've been here for quite a while."

He then noticed that Sirius was not in the Hospital Wing.

"Wait... where's Sirius?"

"Fudge has ordered the dementors to suck out his soul."

"W-what?! They can't do that!" Joni quickly said. He then tried to get up, but the sudden movement caused him to feel dizzy and he held his head.

"Joni, please, calm down." Hermione said, placing her other hand on his shoulder and pushed him to lie back down gently. "You need to relax. You haven't recovered yet from the dementors."

"Fine..." He groaned.

Just then, Harry began to regain conciousness as well, and Hermione stepped next to his bed.

"Harry?" She whispered.

"I saw our dad." Harry said as he opened his eyes.

"What?"

"He sent the dementors away. I saw him across the lake."

"I saw him too." Joni said. "But there was someone else with him."

"Listen, Harry, they've captured Sirius." Hermione said urgently. "Any minute the dementors are gonna perform the Kiss."

"You mean they're gonna kill him?" Harry asked as he quickly stood up.

"No. it's worse. Much worse. They're going to suck out his soul."

"We can't let them do that." Joni said as he started to stand up.

"Joni, i said sit down." Hermione said sternly.

"I'm fine, Hermione." He said shaking his head. "I'm okay now."

"Boys..." She muttered while rolling her eyes. "... they never listen."

"I heard that, you know."

Then suddenly the Hospital Wing door burst open, and professor Dumbledore marched in.

"Headmaster, you've got to stop them." Hermione said, walking up to him. "They've got the wrong man."

"It's true, sir. Sirius is innocent." Harry said and stood next to her, followed by Joni.

"It's Scabbers who did it." Ron said from his bed.

"Scabbers?" Dumbledore asked.

"He's my rat, sir. He's not really a rat. He was a rat. He was my brother Percy's rat." Ron tried to explain. "But then they gave him an owl--"

"Scabbers was actually Peter Pettigrew." Caitlin cut in from Ron's bed. "He sold Joni and Harry's parents to You-Know-Who and framed Sirius for it."

"The point is, we know the truth." Joni said.