Chapter 12: Through the Trapdoor

It had been a while since the quartet's detention in the Forbidden Forest, and the students had been getting ready for the final exams of the year. True to Hermione's words, they were given Anti-Cheating quills. Professor Flitwick called them to see if the kids could make a pineapple dance across the desk, Professor McGonagall watched them turn a mouse into a snuffbox and Snape watched them try to make a Forgetfulness potion.

"I'd heard Hogwarts' yearly final exams were frightful, but i found that enjoyable." Hermione said as the quartet were now walking outside once they'd completed all of the exams.

"I thought they were a bit challenging, to be honest." Joni then said. "Hopefully i did decently at least."

"I'm sure you did, Joni. You're one of the best in our year, you need to believe in yourself more."

"Thanks, Hermione." and the two smiled at each other.

"Speak for yourselves." Ron said, as he didn't want to hear another word on the exams. At that moment, the twins' scars started to hurt and Ron turned to Harry. "All right there, Harry?"

"What is it, Joni?" Hermione asked.

"My scar." Harry said as he was rubbing his scar. "It keeps burning."

"Mine too." Joni said while also rubbing his scar.

"It's happened before." Hermione said.

"Not like this." Harry said.

"Yeah." Joni added. "It's usually been like a sharp pinch, but only after we came to Hogwarts."

"Perhaps you should see the nurse." Ron said.

"I think it's a warning." Harry said. "It means danger's coming."

As the quartet made their way outside the castle, they saw Hagrid sitting on the doorsteps of his hut, playing with a harp. Joni and Harry were now looking at him, and getting the same idea, they suddenly looked at each other.

"Of course!" The twins said together.

"What is it?" Hermione asked as the twins started to walk faster to Hagrid, with Hermione and Ron right behind them. Joni then started to explain.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon, and a strangers turns up who just happens to have one?"

"I mean..." Harry then continued. "... how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pockets?"

"Why didn't we notice it before?" Joni said as he facepalmed himself, though he calmed down a little when Hermione started to rub his back.

The quartet started to run faster towards Hagrid, who stopped playing when he noticed the kids in front of him.

"Hagrid, who gave you the egg?" Harry asked. "What did he look like?"

"I dunno." the giant replied. "I never saw his face. He kept his hood up."

"And this this why you should never accept anything from strangers." Joni muttered.

"This stranger." Harry continued. "You and him must have talked."

"Well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures i looked after." Hagrid replied. "I told him i said 'After Fluffy, a dragon's gonna be no problem.'"

"Did he seem interested in Fluffy?" Joni asked nervously.

"Well of course he was interested in Fluffy. how often do you come across a three-headed dog, even if you're in Hogwarts?"

"He's got a point there actually." Joni whispered to the others, who nodded.