Chapter 31: The Dementor

The last few days of the summer holiday went by as the quartet enjoyed their time at the Leaky Cauldron, despite the tension between Hermione and Ron about Crookshanks and Scabbers. The students and their families had arrived at King's Cross station and were boarding the Hogwarts Express.

Just as the train was about to leave, Mrs. Weasley was running to a windowewhere Ron was waiting, carrying Scabbers in her hands as Ron had almost forgotten him.

"Quick. Quick." Molly kept repeating as she jogged to Ron. "Ron, Ron!"

She finally managed to get to Ron as the train was about to depart, and gave the rat to Ron

"Oh, for goodness' sake! Don't lose him!"

Ron awkwardly waved his hand and rejoined his friends. Joni and Harry had decided to explain to Hermione and Ron why they stayed the rest of the holidays at the Leaky Cauldron and why they weren't at the Dursleys.

"I didn't mean to blow her up." Harry tried defending himself after getting a lecture from the girl. "I just-- I lost control."

"Brilliant." Ron said.

"Honestly, Ron, it's not funny." Hermione said. "Harry was lucky enough not to be expelled."

"I think i was lucky enough not to be arrested." Harry continued.

"I still think it was brilliant." Ron kept saying.

"At least Joni wasn't in any trouble. You managed to keep yourself together." She directed her attention to Joni.

"Trust me, Hermione." The boy somewhat awkwardly replied. "Even though i tried to keep Harry from losing control, i was getting close to snapping myself when she insulted mum."

Hermione frowned when she heard this and took Joni's hand in hers to comfort him.

"I'm sorry she said that about your mom. I just really hate your relatives sometimes."

"Thanks." He thanked smiling.

They kept walking before coming to an mostly empty compartment, where there was only one person inside, sleeping by the window and covered in their jacket.

"Come on." Hermione said as she was about to enter. "Everywhere else is full."

The teenagers got inside, with Harry sitting on the seat next to the stranger, while Joni, Hermione and Ron sat on the other seat, with Joni by the door, Ron by the window and Hermione in the middle, while Joni and Hermione placed their cat cages above them.

"Who do you think that is?" Ron asked as he looked at the man.

"Professor R. J. Lupin." Hermione answered.

"Do you know everything?" Ron asked, then turned to the twins. "How is it she knows everything?"

Joni only smirked and pointed at a suitcase above them.