Chapter 20: Mudbloods and Murmurs

Few days later, Joni and Harry were walking outside with the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team which consisted of Oliver Wood, the Weasley twins, Katie Bell, Angelina Johnson and Alicia Spinnet, for training. Though this time Joni wasn't excited anymore, and Harry could see it. After their fight, Joni and Hermione had not talked to each other since the DADA class, and the younger Potter really was starting to regret about the things he said to her. Harry tried to remain supportive, but didn't know what exactly to say, he could only hope that the two would make up soon.

'I shouldn't have gotten angry, and i shouldn't have said those things to her.' Joni thought sadly. 'Joni, you absolute snuffing moron.'

Harry meanwhile kept a close eye on his brother. It felt weird to him to see Joni and Hermione this far apart, as ever since they had become friends they had been together most of the time.

"I spend the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program." Wood started to explain his plan for the next Quidditch games. "We're gonna train earlier, harder and longer."

Harry nodded at this, though he saw his brother was not in on the moment.

"What---?" Wood then said as he looked at the courtyard. "I don't believe it?"

When they got to the courtyard, what the team saw coming from the other side was the Slytherin Quidditch team, all the while Ron, Hermione and Caitlin were sitting on one of the benches, and Hermione could be seen looking down sadly while Caitlin was telling her something.

"Where do you think you're going, Flint?" Wood asked Marcus Flint, the Slytherin Quidditch captain.

"Quidditch practice." Flint replied.

"I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today."

"Easy, Wood. I got a note." And he handed Wood the note, which the Gryffindor captain took.

"O-ou, i smell trouble." Ron said as he got up and started to jog towards the teams, while Caitlin walked. Hermione got up and was about to go to them as well, but when she saw Joni, she stopped and started looking down.

But Caitlin saw this. She looked back and forth between her and Joni, and walked back to Hermione and took her hand in hers.

"Come on." She softly said.

"But... He doesn't want to see me." Hermione said sadly.

"He does. He regrets what he said to you. All you two have to do is apologize to each other."

Caitlin then started to pull Hermione with her to the teams.

"'I, Professor Severus Snape...'" Wood started to read the note while the other players leaned in closer to look at it. "'... do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker.'"

Hermione, Ron and Caitlin then got to the teams, which caused Joni to look at them, but when he and Hermione looked at each other, they lowered their gazed to the ground while looking sad.

"You've got a new Seeker. Who?"

The Slytherins moved to the side and between them walked Draco in Quidditch unform while looking smug.

"Malfoy?" The Potter twins asked, while the other Gryffindors weren't all that impressed.

"That's right, Potters. And that's not all that's new this year."