Chapter 34: Flight of the Fat Lady

A month later, it was time for the third years' first visit to Hogsmeade, a village not that far off from Hogwarts the students can go visiting. However, you needed a parents or guardians signing in order to be able to visit, and because of what happened that summer, Joni and Harry were the only ones who weren't able to get theirs signed from uncle Vernon.

"Now, remember, these visits to Hogsmeade village are a privilage." McGonagall adressed to the students outside as Lavender and Parvati ran past her, joined by Parvati's twin sister Padma Patil from Ravenclaw, and Filch who was going through the permission notes. "Should your behavior reflect poorly on the school, that privilage shall not be extended again."

Harry then ran up to McGonagall with the paper in his hand before she stopped him.

"No permission form signed, no visiting the village. That's the rule, Potter, your brother already knows that."

"Those with permission. follow me. Those without, stay put." Filch said and he was getting ready to escort the third-years to Hogsmeade.

"Professor..." Harry said. "... i thought if you signed them, then we could--"

"I can't. Only a parent or a guardian can sign. Since i am neither, it would be inappropriate."

McGonagall walked past Harry a little before stopping, and saw Joni walking up to his brother, while Hermione, Ron and Caitlin were staying back.

"I told you that wasn't going to work, Harry." Joni said.

"I'm sorry, Potters

"I'm sorry, Potters." McGonagall said, rubbing Joni's shoulder. "That's my final word. Believe me, i wish i could let you visit."

With that, McGonagall left to follow Filch and the other students.

"Forget about it, guys." Joni said trying to put up a smile, though the other three could see he was just as disappointed as Harry. "See you later." And the brothers walked back inside the school.

Hermione, Ron and Caitlin went to follow the group, though Hermione stopped for a second to look at the twins. Hermione had been excited to visit Hogsmeade, but had wanted to explore it with Joni. Looking down sadly, she followed the other two and waved at Joni, who waved back.

"Maybe we can convince uncle Vernon to sign the permission papers next summer." Joni suggested.

"Maybe." Harry said. "Though i think he will come up with something so he won't need to."

"You don't know that. Maybe things will be different next time. Gotta stay a bit positive."

---

"So, no Hogsmeade, huh?"

Sometime later, Joni and Harry were now on the Hogwarts' wooden bridge, where they were joined by Lupin, who wanted to try and downplay the Hogsmeade for the twins.

"Well, don't feel too bad." Lupin said. "I was roundly disappointed the first time i went there?"

"Really?" Harry asked.