Chapter 38: Gryffindor Versus Ravenclaw

Couple days passed after the twins had learned the Patronus charm, during which the quartet hadn't really made progress on their issues about the Firebolt. Harry and Ron were still avoiding Hermione after she had told about it to McGonagall, and their behavior really was starting to annoy Joni to the point that he spend more time with Hermione, wheter it was to do research for Buckbeak's trial, studying or just having fun.

Joni meanwhile was still trying to figure out how Hermione was managing to do all of the extra classes she had selected on top of everything else, given it was impossible for one to do. At one point Joni was even walking behind the girl begging him to tell her since it was driving him insane, only to receive a teasing finger wave from Hermione who also said "Now where's the fun in that?"

Right now, Harry was on his way back to the common room when he bumped into Professor McGonagall.

"Do watch where you're going, Potter!" She exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, professor--" Harry said before McGonagall spoke again.

"And what a perfect timing." She then handed Harry the Firebolt. "We've done everything we could think of, and there doesn't seem to be a thing wrong with it at all. You've got a good friend somewhere, Potter."

"I can have it back? Seriously?"

"Seriously." She smiled. "I daresay you'll need to get the feel of it before Saturday's match, won't you? And Potter -- Do try to win, won't you? Or we'll be out of the running for the eight year in the row, as Professor Snape was kind enough to remind me only last night..."

"Absolutely, Professor!"

Harry then began to run back to the Gryffindor Tower. As he turned around the corner, he saw Ron with a massive grin.

"She gave it back to you?" Ron asked. "Excellent! Listen, can i still have a go on it? Tomorrow?"

"Yeah... whatever you want, Ron." Harry said happily. "Let's take it back to the dorms."

The two then finally made it to the common room, when everyone in started to gaze at the Firebolt and started to ask questions about it. Though Harry payed them no mind and noticed his brother and Hermione on the couch, with Joni reading a book and Hermione laying her legs on his lap while also reading a book.

"I got it back!" Harry said happily to the two.

"We told you lot, there was nothing wrong with it in the first place." Ron said.

"Oh look, Hermione..." Joni then said to the girl. "... they're talking to us again."

"That's good." She said. "But there could have been something! I mean, as long as you know it's safe."

"I suppose you're right." Harry said. "I'd better put this upstairs."

"I'll take it!" Ron said eagerly. "I've got to give Scabbers his rat tonic, anyway."

He and Harry then together ran up the stairs to their dormitory while Joni and Hermione stayed behind.

"I seriously wonder how you manage to get through all of these classes." Joni said, looking at Hermione's Arithmancy book.

Hermione only smirked and raised her eyebrow at the boy.

"I'm not just gonna tell you, you know." She said with a singing tone voice.

Joni then took a quick look at Hermione's legs which were still on his lap, and getting a michievous idea, quickly wrapped them between his left arm while wiggling his fingers.

"J-Joni!" Hermione stuttered. "What are you doing?!"

"I'm going to find out, Hermione." He smirked. "One way or another."