first i love you

Sana was laying on her couch enjoying her free time on her phone while a show played in the background.

She wished you could be there with her, but you had to work another late night and didn't think you could make it over to hers in time before she fell asleep.

Sana sighed to herself with the thought of you being in her arms, missing you immensely. Even though you've been together for only 6 months, she can't bear being without you.

Meanwhile, the stress from work was getting to you, making you become easily irritated at everything. Even your own girlfriend.

Sana decided to call you to ask when you would get off.

"Hello?" "Hi baby! How are you?" "Fine. Why are you calling? You know I'm at work," you grumbled rudely. "Sorry, I just wanted to see how you were doing. No need to be rude," she jokingly responded. "Well Sana, it's been really busy, so I can't really talk." "Okay, that's fine. I understand you're busy, but you don't get to have an attitude with me," she replied, starting to become angry with you.

You sighed, realizing your tone was rather mean. "You're right. I'm sorry, babe. My boss told me I had to stay longer and finish these papers and...it's just a lot. I'm really sorry, you didn't do anything wrong and I shouldn't have spoken to you that way."

There was a silence filling the phone for a moment as you waited for Sana to speak.

"I'll think about your apology. You should come over when you get off and apologize in person though," she said, wanting to see you and take care of you after your tension filled day.

"Okay. I'll try, but it might be really late and I don't want you to stay up for me. You need sleep." Sana listened to your words and rolled her eyes over the phone. "Y/N, I don't care what the time is. It won't matter as long as I'm with you." For the first time all day, you genuinely smiled.
"Yes ma'am. I'll be there," you answered before hanging up the phone.

You wanted to say those three words at the end of the call so bad.

I love you.

But you were scared to, afraid that Sana did not feel the same and that it would make things awkward between the two of you.

Sana, on the other hand, tried her hardest to stay awake as the clock neared 2 A.M.

She gave you her spare apartment key a month ago because you always came over and you might as well come in when you wanted, as she didn't mind.

You sped up your work, trying to see Sana as soon as possible. While you did, you were the most tired you've ever been, being that you just finished your work at 2:45 A.M.

Sana sighed to herself, thinking you weren't coming over anymore because maybe you either forgot or you were still irritated at her from earlier. She made her way to her bedroom and got cozy in bed, but the moment her head hit her pillows, you were unlocking the front door.

You wondered if she was asleep already, so as  quietly as you could, you took your shoes off and put your belongings on the floor along the wall before silently walking over to her room.

Sana left the door open a crack just in case you decided to show up. You peeked in and saw the lights off with only the glow from the moon shining on her.

You sighed and contemplated whether you should just leave and allow her to rest peacefully without waking her and just see her in the morning, but as you turned around, a voice spoke up.

"Where are you going?" You turned back around and opened the door more to view Sana sitting up with her arms crossed against her headboard.

"I thought you were sleeping..." She shook her head and kept her mouth shut. "I'm sorry, babe. Are you still mad at me?" She shrugged and you moved closer. "Sana, talk to me. We can't get past this if we don't communicate," at this point, you were standing beside her as she laid in bed.

Sana looked at you before sighing herself, "Your words hurt, Y/N. You made it feel like it was my fault I called." You nodded and sat by her legs. "I know, I really am sorry. I was just stressed, but that's still no excuse and I get that. I won't speak like that ever again." "Promise?" You smiled slightly at her, "Promise."

She opened her arms and you lovingly fell right into them as she rubbed your back, "I know it was hard today. I just got hurt by how you spoke to me. Especially when I love you. And it made me start to think you didn't care about me anymore and so then I-"

You froze and pulled away from her. "Wait, say that again?" "Hm? Say what?" Sana asked, nervous. "What you just said." "I don't remember." You tilted your head at her and grabbed her hands. "You know you remember." Sana blushed and looked down to avoid eye contact.

"I love you."

Your heart burst with happiness as you heard those three words you've been wanting to say from the moment you met her.

You were so happy that you forgot to say anything back.

"Y/N? Baby? If you don't feel the same way yet, I get it. I can wait, I mean maybe I said it too fast-" You shut her up by connecting your lips to hers.

"I love you too. So much." Sana smiled and pulled you in once more to kiss you. "Who knew an argument could make us say I love you?" You giggled and hugged her. "I was always going to say it, no matter what." "Me too."

The night went on as you spent the time in each other's arms and continued to say I love you every chance you got.