new years kiss

You were standing along the walls of the huge event room of the company you worked at as a backup dancer, JYP, holding a drink excitedly chatting amongst your friends.

It was New Year's Eve and JYP decided to host an event to celebrate the new year.

Most of the groups under him performed as entertainment while waiting for the clock to strike midnight for the management and staff, along with family members they invited. Including Twice.

You were a backup dancer for Itzy and after your performance alongside them, it was nearing 11:50 P.M.

"Are you excited for the new year?!" Your friend in front of you asked. "I'm so ready! This year was great, but 2024 is going to be my year, I just have a feeling," you said, sipping your drink and glancing around.

Your friends around you diverged into a conversation as you just smiled, listening and feeling so loved and happy in the moment. What you hadn't noticed, was the group of girls at the opposite side of the room who were staring at you.

"Are you going to say something to her?" "Yeah! We all noticed you staring at this girl since we got here." "Might as well have her as your new year's kiss." The members of TWICE all spoke up to Sana at once, making her blush as she looked at you from afar.

"Guys! Be quiet, someone might hear. Plus, I don't know this girl, I just thought she was beautiful." "The most beautiful one in the room apparently," Jeongyeon joked, getting laughs of agreement from everyone.

Sana rolled her eyes and looked at you once more before turning away, thinking to herself if she should talk to you as the time neared 11:55.

"Y/N, I don't want to make you upset or anything, but this is the third year in a row you've had no new year's kiss." You scoffed at your friend, "Okay, first of all, I choose to have no kiss, second of all, what's the point in it if we're not together? I don't want to start the new year with a stranger."
Your friend shrugged, "True, but it's always fun," they said with a wink. "Speaking of fun," they eyed a random guy in the corner, "I'll be spending my time with him. We've been staring all night at each other. Bye Y/N! Come find me at 12."

Your friend skipped away as you sighed, downing your drink and looking as the time hit 11:58. You looked around and saw the different couples start finding their way towards each other. You weren't sad about not being with someone, then again it wouldn't hurt finding your person this year.

You awkwardly shuffled towards the middle of the crowd and started counting down with the rest of the voices.

You had a smile on your face as you felt someone taller brush by your shoulder. You turned to see who it was, surprised to see Sana from TWICE.

"Sorry! I didn't see you because of all these people," Sana exclaimed, lying because she just wanted an excuse to talk to you. "Are you alone?"

You smiled at her, "Yeah, my friends are with their significant other." "Oh, and you don't have one?" You shook your head, raising your voice to be heard over the loud music. "No!" Sana looked confused and leaned closer, "Sorry? What'd you say? I can't hear!" You leaned closer in return and went towards her face, "I said no!"

You moved your face slightly and was met with her eyes, inches away from her lips.

You blushed from being so close with someone you were not only a fan of, but someone you just met.

Just like your friend suggested.

"Uh," you cleared your throat and backed away, scared she might have felt uncomfortable. "It's almost time! 30 seconds!" You said, feeling ecstatic. "Are you not going to your friends?" You asked Sana.

She shook her head, "No, I wanted to talk to you." You put a puzzled look on your face as you opened your mouth to speak before she cut you off. "I mean! I just saw you alone and thought you shouldn't spend tonight by yourself," she quickly said, saving herself from embarrassment.

You giggled and Sana smiled back, feeling your laugh was contagious.

"15, 14, 13, 12...!"

You turned your body towards Sana as the lights turned down low, and strobe lights of many colors started going around, highlighting the two of your body's features.

Sana moved closer and leaned down to speak into your ear, "Would it be weird if I asked to kiss you tonight?" You were taken aback by shock as you just met minutes ago, and she was already asking to kiss you.

You thought of it as nothing more than just a midnight kiss to celebrate the new year. You probably thought it was something she did every year.

"Oh! I-" "W-well you don't have to! I just thought you were gorgeous and-"

"7, 6, 5, 4, 3...!"

You let all your worries and anxiety flood away as you thought to yourself, oh well. This year is about having fun. And maybe meeting the future love of your life...

Sana was still rambling on, trying to apologize.

"...1! Happy New Years!!!"

You moved towards Sana and put your hand onto her cheek and lightly pulled her closer, "Is this okay?"

She nodded, speechless at your sudden move.

Cheers and loud music surrounded you, but it felt as if you two were the only ones in the room.

You connected lips with her as she closed the distance between you two, putting her hands on your waist.

Although the kiss was only seconds long, it felt like a moment you'll never forget.

As you pulled apart from her, you smiled. "I never got your name..." You heard her ask, "Y/N..."
"Y/N, can I get your number?"

Little did you know, this was the start of how you both found the love of your life.