meeting at a coffee shop

You were sipping your drink at the local coffee shop, sitting by a window with your laptop open across from you. You decided that since it was a beautiful day outside, a study date alone would be great.

You had your headphones on and were typing away, doing your work, and because you were so focused, you hadn't noticed the two familiar customers entering.

"Sana! This place is so cute. How come we've never been here before?" Momo exclaimed to her friend, excitedly looking around at the cute and natural decor. Sana shrugged and smiled, agreeing, "I don't know, but I know I'm definitely coming back."

They went to the front to order for the rest of the girls, and as they were waiting for their drinks, you just finished your work and were tidying up.

Getting up from your seat, you slipped your laptop and books into your tote bag, still leaving your headphones on.

"Hey, look at that girl. Her outfit is so cute," Momo said, looking at you. Sana looked up from her phone and glanced over towards you, watching you get ready to leave. "Yeah, she's cute." "Huh? I said her outfit was cute, but I mean yeah, she's pretty too," Momo replied with a smirk. Sana rolled her eyes at her friend's remark and couldn't take her eyes off of you as you made your way closer.

Sana was so busy staring she missed the barista calling her name, until she felt a slight shove to her shoulder. "Sana! Hello? Your drink?" "Huh? What?" Momo chuckled and nodded towards the front, "Your order? Hurry though because we have to get back to the girls." "Oh, right..."

One of your friends worked at the cafe and you stopped by to say hello. You were chatting amongst each other quietly, catching up on what's new with the two of you.

"Have you seen those two girls before? They look so familiar." You looked at where your friend was staring and saw two girls with caps and sunglasses on. "Are you sure? You can't even see their faces." "Y/N, I'm sure. Plus, they've never been here before, I always remember faces." You giggled, "If you say so! Well, I gotta go. Early morning tomorrow. I'll be back soon!" You waved goodbye and started making your way towards the exit.

"Sana! Can you help me carry these drinks?" "Ugh, my hands are already full!" "Oh, please!" Holding two drink holders, Momo handed Sana one of them. Just as she turned around to leave, she failed to notice someone walking right behind her, unfortunately bumping into them.

"Hey!" You exclaimed, having spilt coffee all over your clothes.

"Shoot! I'm so sorry, I didn't see you!" You sighed and awkwardly shifted to the side. "It's okay, I guess." Sana looked up and noticed that it was you, the girl she couldn't take her eyes off of. Seeing you made her blush and become immediately embarrassed.

"Let me help you," Sana hurriedly grabbed some napkins and tried her best to dry the mess on you and the floor without touching you in any way she shouldn't be.

Meanwhile, Momo was bent over laughing, clutching her stomach.

Sana felt warm from awkwardness and Momo wasn't helping.

You looked over at your friend and she was smiling as well, almost giggling audibly.

"Hey, it's okay, it was an accident. It'll wash out." You decided to say, trying to lighten up the situation. "No, I feel really bad. I should've been paying more attention." "Maybe if you weren't wearing sunglasses indoors..." You said jokingly.

Sana sighed, reaching up towards her shades. "You're right."

As she revealed her full face, you were met with beauty. She did look very familiar, yet you couldn't put your finger on why...

"Uh..so..." You nervously said, unsure of what to do now. Sana smiled at you and stared into your eyes, feeling lost in them.

"Let me buy you a coffee. On me. It's the least I could do for messing up your clothes."

You shook your head, rejecting her offer. "It's alright, really. I should be the one buying you the coffee, you bought a lot."

Sana giggled and realized you didn't know who she was at the moment, "Yeah, we have a lot of friends."

You held eye contact for a while, not knowing what to say next. "Well, I should go get cleaned up. Again, don't worry about this," you said, sharing a smile that Sana fell for.

Not wanting you to leave just yet, Sana abruptly said, "Wait! Uh, what's your name?"

"Y/N. And yours?" "Sana." You tilted your head slightly and smiled, "Nice to meet you, Sana."

Sana decided it was now or never, and she wanted to know you more.

"Can I buy you a coffee sometime? Not now, of course. I mean, to make up for this. Take it as an apology from me. I-I could get your number and-"

You giggled once more and grabbed an extra napkin from earlier, pulling a pen from your bag after. You scribbled your number down and handed it to her.

"I have to go now, but I'll be waiting for that apology!" You smiled and turned around to leave, feeling happy and giddy.

Sana watched you leave and could not stop smiling. She turned around, forgetting Momo was there the whole time.

"Did you just- How did-"

Sana shrugged and laughed in her face. "Come on, we have to order some more drinks."

Little did you two know, this incident would be the start of your loving relationship.