you're drunk part 2

The bright sunlight shone onto you from a window and blinded you into waking up. You groaned as soon as you opened your eyes, instantly feeling a throbbing in your head. You looked around and noticed the unfamiliar setting you awoke to and sat up slowly. With a turn of your head, you saw a brunette laying peacefully beside you. Leaning in closer to see her face, you realized it was Sana. 

Unfortunately, your confusion was interrupted by the churning of your stomach. Quickly, you got out from under the comfy sheets and ran to the bathroom. You emptied whatever was left in you and rested your forehead on your arm for a minute so you could collect yourself. Upon sitting on the ground, you felt a hand land on your back. 

You jumped in shock and looked up to see Sana with a comforting smile. "You're okay. Good morning, by the way." You exhaled deeply and sat back. "Good morning. How did I get here? Where's my clothes? Did I wake you? I didn't mean to-" Sana just giggled and joined you on the bathroom floor. "Hey, I woke up the same time you did, it's okay. Also, I brought you here since you were too drunk last night. Don't worry, Tzuyu asked me to, and I just changed you out of your dress so you could sleep comfortably. I didn't do anything or look at you, if you were wondering," she quickly blurted out that last part, afraid you would think otherwise. 

You smiled and thanked her, "That means a lot, Sana, really. Thank you." A small moment of silence was heard before you spoke up. "Did I...um...say anything? Or do anything?" 

Sana cleared her throat and decided to lie so it wouldn't get awkward. "Uh, no, not really. You just kept talking on and on about how hungry you were," she said with a smile. You let out a sigh of relief and started to get up with the help of Sana. "Sounds like me. I swear I said something embarrassing to you, but maybe it was just a dream," you exclaimed with a groan. 

Sana just smiled and assisted you with brushing your teeth and getting back to bed while being silent the whole time. She wanted to talk to you so badly about what you truly said last night and if you really meant what you asked her, but she was afraid you weren't serious because you were drunk. 

After helping you get back under the sheets, she started walking away. "Where are you going?" You blurted out. "To get you some ibuprofen and water. I'll be back. Keep resting," Sana answered with yet another small smile. When she left the room, you leaned back onto the headboard. Truth was, you remembered everything from last night. You just wanted to see if she would bring it up to see if she cared as much as you did. You felt saddened and chose to just brush it off and move on, just like you said you would. 

A couple minutes passed and Sana reentered her bedroom. She placed the medicine and a cup of water beside you on the stand and sat down beside your legs. You graciously took the pills and swallowed them along with the water. 

You smiled at Sana and started laughing. Sana was confused, "What? Are you still drunk?" You shook your head in response, "No. I was just thinking about last night. I think I confessed to the person I like, but I don't remember for sure. Do you know if I did?" 

Sana's smile disappeared and she looked down at her hands. "Y-yeah." You took notice of the change in her demeanor and sat up. "Oh, was it bad? Did they reject me? Be honest." She blinked and looked up at you, "Not necessarily. Actually, I think it was the other way." "Huh? What do you mean?" "I mean they confessed to you, but you didn't realize they did."  You furrowed your brows, "So, they do like me?" Sana shrugged and nodded her head. 

You took a deep breath and found the courage to continue. "Sana, can I ask you something?" Sana hummed in agreement and listened to you speak. "Did you mean what you said last night?" "What? What did I say?" You grabbed her hand that she was fidgeting with and held it in yours. "When you said you had feelings for me." 

Sana was surprised at how straight forward you were being and almost started choking on nothing. "W-when did I say that? I don't remember-" "Sana, I know what I heard. Before you went to bed, you said something to me, and I remember every word." You still had her hand in yours and gently squeezed it. Sana felt this gesture and sighed, "I did. Y/N, I do like you. I just don't know if you feel the same because you weren't thinking straight last night. If you don't feel the same, I totally get it! I'm fine with keeping this friendship going how it is, and we can forget we ever had this conversation."

You shook your head and rolled your eyes. "Was I not being clear enough? You're the one I like! I guess me being drunk made me say things I've always wanted to tell you. I don't want to stay friends. I want to be yours." You scooted closer and kept your eyes on hers the whole time. 

Sana subconsciously leaned in as well and smiled, "Good, because I'm all yours." She threw her arms around you and brought you into a tight hug. "Can I call you my girl?" You rubbed her back and leaned your head back to look at her. "No." "What?! I thought we just confessed to each other-" You started laughing and fell back onto the pillows, pulling her down with you. "I'm kidding. I'm still a little out of it. I think I need food." 

Sana smacked you jokingly and rested on your shoulder. "Of course. Oh! I said I would text Tzuyu when you woke up." She reached for her phone beside her, but you stopped her from opening it. "Later. I just want to be alone with my girl right now." She blushed and hid her face in your hair as you both cuddled for the remaining of the morning, talking about future dates and making each other laugh with continuous jokes.