you're drunk

Sana and the rest of Twice were spread around the living room, each doing their own things. Jihyo had hosted a party to celebrate the end of their tour and invited her friends and told the girls to invite their friends too.

You were invited by Tzuyu because you two were really close since you went to high school together.

You had met the other members before, but you never really had a chance to get close to them. Except for Sana. Ever since Tzuyu introduced you, she thought you were the prettiest person she ever laid eyes on. After getting to know you more, she liked your personality the most.

Alongside the party, drinks were present. You had a couple more than you should have, as you were enjoying the moment. Tzuyu was watching you from the corner of her eye and noticed how tipsy you were.

"Hey, Y/N! Think you had enough?" She laughed as she took the cup from your hand, placing it onto the kitchen table.

"Hm? No, I'm celebrating you! My best friend!" Your cheeks were rosy from the alcohol and you started giggling as you threw your arm around her shoulder.

"And I appreciate you for that, but let's stop for the night. Do you need a ride home? I drank earlier, so I can't bring you," Tzuyu asked. You shrugged, "I don't know. I can't think right now, honestly. Hey, is your friend single, by the way?" You slurred out, not being in your normal state of mind.

"Huh? Who? Him over there? I think Jihyo invited him-" You shook your head at that. "No, silly. Sana!"

Tzuyu looked at who you were gesturing at and saw Sana glancing over occasionally at you. She started laughing, "Yes, Sana is single. Actually, I think she already has her eye on someone."

Your face visibly dropped and you groaned before face planting into Tzuyu's shoulder. "Really? Aw, I didn't even get to say anything. I thought we both felt something between us. I guess I was wrong."

On the other hand, Sana watched your interaction the whole time. She was stunned at how beautiful you looked tonight and adored the way you would flip your hair every now and then. She hadn't drank tonight despite having the celebration partly for her, because she was too busy watching over you. 

Tzuyu giggled at your reaction and thought of a perfect way to end the night. "I think Sana is the only one who didn't drink anything. I can tell her to bring you home." You shrugged and let out a sigh, "Sure. Maybe I can get her to tell me who she likes!" Tzuyu smiled and put your arm around her so you wouldn't trip as you both made your way to where Sana stood.

"Hey! Y/N had a little too much and I was wondering if you could take her home? Or to yours?" She asked. Sana fixed her posture and cleared her throat before nodding, "Of course. Is she okay?" Tzuyu looked down and saw you were already dozing off on her shoulder, "Mm, I hope so. Maybe you should just take her to yours just in case. She trusts you." Sana smiled after realizing your trust in her. "Okay," Sana grabbed your other arm and wrapped it around her before getting a tight hold on you. "I'll text you tomorrow morning. Thanks, Tzuyu!" 

With more farewells, you and Sana made your way to her car, where she placed you gently into the passenger seat. You groaned and leaned against the head rest. "Where are we going? Food? I'm hungry!" Sana laughed and buckled you in, "Maybe some other day. Let's get you in bed first." You smirked and grabbed her hand, stopping her from leaving. "What are you trying to get at?" She rolled her eyes at how oblivious you were and pulled away. "No, you're drunk. I wouldn't do that to you, Y/N." You smiled genuinely this time and settled into your seat. "I know. I know you. I was kidding."

Sana smiled back and shut your side's door before going around to the driver's seat. She started the car and looked at you once more before starting the drive to her apartment.

The whole ride there you were sleeping soundly against the window. Sana kept the music at a low to avoid disrupting your needed rest. Upon arriving, Sana moved back to your side and unbuckled you, lightly shaking you to wake you up. 

"Hey, we're here. Let's go," she softly said, pulling you out of the car to help you stand. You grumbled and leaned your weight onto Sana. She held you up as you walked, staggering with each step. After what seemed like forever, you both finally made your way to Sana's apartment. The moment you entered, you didn't feel so good.

"Ugh, Sana?" She looked down at you as she brought you into her room and sat you on her bed, "Hm?" You looked up at her with a pout and slurred out, "My head hurts. And my stomach. And my feet. My heels were big." Sana just laughed in response and crouched to remove your shoes. When she got back up to meet your eyes, she noticed how you were already staring. Your gaze made her shy and caused her to start blushing. "What?" She nervously said. You shrugged and reached up to grab her hands. "Nothing."

 You sat in silence staring into each other's eyes before you started smiling. "Just- thank you. You didn't have to do all this." To be honest, you were already starting to sober up by the time you sat down, but she didn't have to know that. "You don't have to thank me. Anyone would've done the same." You decided to use the remaining alcohol surging through you to speak up. "I have to tell you something." Sana tilted her head, motioning you to continue. "I think I-I have feelings for someone." 

Sana swallowed, but still remained silent. "What should I do, Sana? I don't think they like me back..." She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, listening intently. No matter how disappointed she was, she still decided to be a good friend. "Well, how can you be so sure?" "I'm already so close with them, and falling for them is scary to me. I was also talking to one of their best friends and they told me they already like someone, so I think I should just try and move on. What do you think?" You looked up at her and bit your lip waiting. "Maybe find out who they like. What if it was you? You won't know until you say something." 

You sighed and pulled Sana slightly closer to you. "How should I ask?" Sana knew she was extremely red at this point and knew you could tell, but then again you were drunk, so you possibly will forget in the morning. "Just ask. Straight up. It won't be awkward if you guys are close." You looked down and let go of her hands. "Hey, what's wrong? Do you want to go to sleep? I'll give you some clothes to borrow-" You looked back up and cut her off by saying, "Who do you like, by chance?" 

Sana was left with her mouth slightly ajar as you asked that question. "W-what?" You smiled and locked eyes, "Who do you like?" She started to piece things together, but by the time she was about to respond, you were already laying back on the bed with your eyes shut. Sana sighed and wanted you to feel comfortable, so she changed you out of your dress all while being respectful. She put her shirt onto you and and a pair of sweatpants before getting ready for bed herself. 

As she got into bed beside you, she looked at you once more before softly saying, "It's you, Y/N. I have feelings for you." And with that, Sana turned her bedside lamp off and slowly allowed herself to sleep next to you.

~Part 2 in the next chapter!