⚡Once Bitten, Twice Shy⚡

Your POV

Age: 16

YES we got 2k views! (December 25)

You leaned on the doorframe of the bridge, watching the ninja fool around as they try to work. Nya uncovered a Fangpyre skeleton.

"Some villagers unearthed the remains of this Fangpyre a few miles away. It predates the Golden Age, and must be hundreds of years old. Although the venom in the fangs of the Fangpyre genetically mutate human cells into reptilian, I've learned there could be a way to stop the effects without having to create an antivenom." Nya used a laser pointer to point at the fangs, but the ninja barely payed attention. 

Zane was taking notes, Kai was laying back, and Cole was drawing himself fighting Jay. Jay, on the other hand, had his hair done and was smelling like... perfume.

Nya's cheeks slowly turn a bright, pale pink. "Resulting in...diminished, uh, excuse me, is someone wearing perfume? I'm severely allergic to perfume."

"Heh." Jay aggressively whispered to Kai. "You told me it was men's cologne."

"Meh, I get them mixed up." Kai shrugs. Everyone laughed at Jay's unfortunate situation. Kai and Zane fist-bumped. Then Zane opened a panel in his arm and switched his humor off.

"Ah, looks like class is over." Cole stood up and grabbed his scroll, and so did everyone else. "Time to start stomping some Serpentine before they find any Fangblade."

"Sounds like a plan." Kai begins to leave.

"I'm excited to join." Zane adds.

You step aside to let the ninja past. Jay didn't go yet, and he looked very nervous.

"Uhh... hey, errr... Nya?  I'm sorry. The reason I was-you know-I went to Kai because-look. What I'm trying to say is-"

"I know. It's just a cruel joke. I should be fine. Please, go fight snakes." Nya said. Jay shook his head slightly.

"No, no, no, no. I was trying to impress you. Before Sensei left, he said our heart was the key to unlocking our True Potential." Jay's voice raised an octave in his attempt to explain.

"Impress me? But I look so..." Nya glances down at herself.

You lean on the doorframe again and cross your ankles. One thing about Jay; he was awkward around girls.

"Fantastic." Jay's expression changed to a dreamy one. Nya plays with her hair out of shyness.

"Look, maybe, if you'll let me, I can take you to some big fancy restaurant. You don't have to, if you don't want to..."

"You mean like a date?"

You coughed into your arm, surprised that Jay was going on a date. For once. About time. He seems like perfect boyfriend material. The jaybird and samurai were too busy with their conversation to pay attention to you.

"Ummm... yeah??" Jay grinned sheepishly.

"Sure! I'd love to. But I have to go now before the perfume toxins enter my bloodstream and I go into shock. See you tonight." Nya leaves the room in a hurry.

"Yes!" Jay laughs in relief and dances around. His hand gets pricked two inches into the fang of the skeleton. You stand up straight and stern. 

"Ow! Aah! Man." Jay waves it off. You limp over to him from behind. You tap his shoulder.

"AH!" Jay shrieks and nearly smacks you in the face.

"I can't believe you just asked Nya out!" You face the situation with him first.