Double Trouble

A/n: I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO DO THIS EPISODE FOR SO LONG #literallymywholemotivationforthisbook

---

Your POV

"Focus, Lloyd. Control the power inside you. When you feel a surge welling up, harness it." 

Lloyd was standing in front of a hanging light bulb, trying to use his Lightning element. Jay was walking around him, giving him tips and stuff.

You were standing to the side, examining each exploded light bulb from a distance. Shards of glass littered the floor in front of Lloyd, and broken light bulbs were around too.

"I understand. I am in control." Lloyd managed to say without breaking his concentration. The current light bulb was just barely lit up, as if it was dying instead of coming to life.

"Come on, Lloyd. You can do it." Jay whispers.

After a tense second, the bulb explodes with glass pieces, and Lloyd lets out a yell of frustration. "Aargh! Stupid light bulb! You're putting too much pressure on me. Let me have one more try."

Kai awkwardly scratches the back of his neck. "Ugh, sorry Lloyd, that was the last light bulb."

"Clean up, Lloyd. We'll continue training tomorrow." Cole hands the young ninja a broom. Lloyd grabs it, then expresses his frustration by using it to punch a punching bag.

You were leaning against Zane, watching Lloyd in silence. You only got three hours of sleep last night, okay? So you felt tired and quiet. 

Jay sighs as he walks over to the other ninja. "What am I doing wrong, Sensei Wu? I can't seem to teach him to control his power."

The broom hits Lloyd in the head.

"You dare defy the Green Ninja?!" Lloyd bashes the broom.

"Patience, Jay. Sometimes, the greatest opponent we face is ourselves, and that's especially true of Lloyd. Remember where he came from. He's the son of Lord Garmadon. It's going to take time for him to embrace the light." Wu said, slowly. Jay just looked at him, confused.

You look to the doorway as Nya enters the room. She was wearing a dress. 

"Hey, guys."

"Hey, Nya!" the ninja said together. You give Nya a half-hearted wave.

"Hey, Jay. Uh, wanna come by the autobody shop later?" Nya brightly asked him.

"Uh, the autobody shop?" Jay furrows his eyebrows in slight confusion

"Yeah. I got a part-time job. Though I could fix up the Ultra Sonic Raider in my off time. Maybe if you come over, I can show you what I've been working on." Nya replied.

"Uh, sure, heh." Jay's gaze goes to the letter in Nya's hand. "Uh, what you got there?"

"Oh, um, this letter came for Lloyd." Nya passes the letter to Sensei Wu.

You glance at the blond boy. He was poking at the punching bag with the broom, the glass still all over the floor.

"Hmm. It's from Lloyd's old school." Wu inspects the letter's envelope.

"The Darkley's School for Bad Boys?" You and Cole questioned in sync. That place? Again?

"Formerly Bad Boys. Since the last time we were there, they've changed to the Darkley School for Great Children." Wu says. He opens the envelope and scans the contents.

'Doesn't seem legit.'  You thought. 

"Heh, wait. They've turned good?" Kai murmurs, seeming to think of the same thing as you.