Pirates vs Ninja pt 1

Your POV

Age: 16

You sat on the bench against the wall at the side of the room. It was Kai's turn to train Lloyd. He wore oven mittens while Lloyd practiced punching them. Cole, Zane, and Jay was behind them near the door, watching. Cole was wearing a pot on his head, Zane had a pink pillow tied to his stomach like a human punching bag, and Jay was holding a wooden spoon nearly the size of his head.

 Cole was wearing a pot on his head, Zane had a pink pillow tied to his stomach like a human punching bag, and Jay was holding a wooden spoon nearly the size of his head

"Good, keep it up." Kai was saying.

"Ha! Fists of fury! Unh! You can't even see 'em move, I'm so fast! Ha!" Lloyd said brightly as he was training.

You were half-reading a book, half-watching Lloyd train. 

"Save the gloating. It can only be used against you by your enemy." Kai replied with a little grin, lowering his hands a bit.

"Oh, please. I'm ready to face whatever you throw at me." Lloyd sent a strong kick Kai's way, and Kai just got his hands in front of him. The kick sent the fire ninja to his butt on the floor.

"Whoa, grasshopper. You're not even ready to face my pinky toe." Kai wiggles his left foot for emphasis. 

"I see the student has become the teacher. You will learn fast, Lloyd, with lessons from the five ninja." Wu remarked. He was sitting behind Lloyd a few meters back, drinking tea (of course he was).

"Great, now that lesson is over, how about some target practice..." Cole smirked. "...on Kai?"

Kai's expression went worried again at his name. You couldn't stop yourself from forming a little smile at his face, but he just gave you a nervous glance.

 You couldn't stop yourself from forming a little smile at his face, but he just gave you a nervous glance

"You'll each get your turn, but first, I don't want you to be late for your next lesson with Nya." Sensei reminded Lloyd.

"Aww, but when will I learn Spinjitzu?" Lloyd whined in that kind of toddler-not-getting-what-they-want voice.

"Patience. It will only be unlocked when the key is ready to be found." Wu sighs.

"Mmgph." Lloyd grumbled, slumping as he left the room to Nya.