two

chapter two
ghost!

            I clutch my crucifix in my hand as it stays hung on my neck

            I clutch my crucifix in my hand as it stays hung on my neck. I push open the graveyard gate, glaring ahead of me as I enter. I pass the gravestones and walk to my mothers'. I know she has something to do with this, or maybe it's just some pathetic excuse to continue to believe vampires aren't real.

Well, they probably most definitely are.

I stop in front of my mothers' grave, I ball my hands into fists and scowl at her name engraved in stone. "Did you curse me or something? Why are these two 'vampires' following me around as soon as I finally visit your grave?" I yell at the stone, if vampires were real what else was? "God, I can't believe you! I can't believe I'm talking to a fucking gravestone!" I swing my foot forward, kicking the stone. Nothing happens.

"Damn, and I thought that man that killed his wife was insane"

I whip my head around, being met with a ghostly figure sitting atop another gravestone. I scream and fall back, tripping over my mothers' grave and falling into the dirt, my legs hanging over the stone. "Ugh, what the hell..?" I place a hand on my forehead.

The ghost appear above me, staring down at me and laughing. "Best reaction I've gotten in ages!" He laughs, scratching at one of his mutton chops. "Anyways, what're you screaming at a block of stone for?" He asks, crossing his arms and watching as I get back on my feet. I examine him before I answer. He was made up of different shades of grays, his hair being a darker gray than his skin, he wore a black suit but it was transparent along with everything else-- I could see straight through him. "Hello?" He scoffs and waves his hand in my face.

"O-Oh, uh.. sorry. I was.. angry" I glance at my mothers' gravestone. "So, you're a ghost?"

"No, I'm alive" He deadpans, he motions to his feet hovering over the ground. "Of course I'm a fucking ghost!" He throws his arms in the air.

"Well I don't know! Maybe I'm hallucinating or some shit!" I copy him by throwing my arms in the air.

"Whatever," He rolls his eyes. "So, what's your name?" He asks as he floats back over to the gravestone he was sitting on before.

"Y/N. You?" I follow him. He sits down on the stone and points down, I follow his finger and read the name engraved into the stone. Jebidiah Schlatt. "Weird name.." I mutter. His smug attitude falls and he stares at me with an offended look on his face.

"Wha-- rude!" Jebidiah scowls.

"Sorry!" I raise my hands up in defense, holding back my laughter. For a tough looking guy he seemed pretty animated.

"Forgiven!" He smiles and moves on. "And ignore my first name, I go by Glatt-- well, that's what my ghost friends call me. But you can just call me Schlatt" He pokes his chest with his thumb. "Now that we're acquainted.. what were you talking about? Vampires?" He questions, tilting his head slightly and glancing at the grave behind me.