fifteen

chapter fifteen
slap

             "Oh no

             "Oh no.." Schlatt mutters, I bring my hands back to my chest so he hides behind the wall with me again. Since he was still possessing the cat, he stayed sat in my hands so I could carry him around easier. "There's like.. three police officers and two V.H.A guys at your door, they're talking with your dad" He explains to me. I worryingly puff out a breath.

"Shit. Do you think they think Wil and Alex did something?" I look down at Schlatt when he jumps out of my hands and walks back over to the corner, peaking his head out.

"Maybe.. either way they were planning on executing the two, so they're gonna look for them even if they didn't take you" He replies before turning back to me and raising his paw a bit into the air, I oddly understood what it met. I crouched down and let him jump back onto my palms. "You should walk over to the door after they leave" He suggests. I hum in response.

We both silently watched as the men talked to each other, it took a few minutes, but they eventually walked off. When they left, I made sure they were completely gone before walking over to my home. My father had closed the door so I was a bit afraid to knock because he had only closed the door a moment before. "I hope he won't be too mad.." I whisper, taking in a deep breath. I knock on the door.

Schlatt looks up at me confused. "What do you mean by that--?" He's cut off when the door opens, he silences himself so I don't look insane.

"What-- Y/N?" My father looks at me confused. "Where the fuck have you been?" He grabs me by the wrist and tugs me inside, Schlatt falls from my hand and quickly rushes inside right before my father slams the door shut. "I had to file a whole missing person report for you!" He scolds me. "I bet you ran away with those stupid vampires too!" He angrily shouts at me. I had nothing to say, and I knew that my silence would have consequences.

"I.. uh, I did" I stupidly admit. I take a tiny step back, Schlatt stays close to me but at the same time, far enough away to not get stepped on.

It was like a blur, a sudden slap to the face makes me stumble on my feet. It was so unexpected. Schlatt (or more so the cat he's possessed) hisses and immediately claws my fathers pant leg. In response, my father swings his foot, kicking the cat away. "I can't believe I've raised someone like you! Loving something I hate? I hunt? I kill vampires and of course you love them!?" He grabs me by the wrist and shoves me away. "Go to your room!" He pushes me away.

I hadn't really meant to start crying, but the slap just forced the tears out of my eyes. I move away from him, I make my way up the stairs and go to my room. I realize my bedroom door was open, had he went in my room too? I mean, it was probably to search for me but I was still upset about it. I close my door and puff out a breath. Schlatt's voice startles me. "Hey, are you okay?" Schlatt asks, I glance to my right and see he wasn't possessing the cat anymore, he was now just his ghost form again.