five

chapter five
cherub

              "Are you sure you can even trust these guys?" Schlatt asks me, he floats around the living room of the large home we were now in

              "Are you sure you can even trust these guys?" Schlatt asks me, he floats around the living room of the large home we were now in. After digging up his body and stealing his ring (with consent!), Wilbur led me to his home. Which apparently his home was this creepy mansion at the end of a road in a forest. Then, he said he'd be back with tea, so now me and Schlatt were patiently waiting. "I mean, they are vampires.." He adds, his tone seemed worried but he tried his best to hide it.

"I have a gun-- with silver bullets!" I grin, showing off the gun to the ghost. "I-I think.." I mutter, lowering the gun and staring at it. "Anyways, I also have a ton of different stuff to protect me in my bag" I shrug, reassuring Schlatt I'd be fine.

"Whatever you say" He huffs and rolls his eyes. "I'm gonna go look around the house" He waits for my response before he leaves.

"Okay, but make sure to stay out of sight" I remind him, he nods and then goes through the wall.

I now sat alone in silence, how long does it take to make tea? I turn my head to the door I saw Wilbur walk through earlier, I still don't trust him. Luckily he was terrified of the gun so I didn't have much to worry about. I hear a door down the hall open, my body tenses. From what Wilbur told me, I think him and Alex live together. So maybe that was Alex. I intently watch the dark hallway, waiting for someone to appear. The sun had also set not to long ago so it would make sense if Alex was just waking up.

My eyes widen slightly when I see Alex appear from the darkness. He was tiredly rubbing his eyes as he held a blue blanket in his arms, and upon further inspection, I could see the blanket had yellow ducks on it. He yawns and looks around, he pauses mid yawn when he sees me. He jumps back and clutches his blanket in his arms, holding it close to his chest. "Uh, what are you.. uhm, doing here..?" Alex nervously laughs, hiding the blanket from me by rolling it up and bringing it behind his back.

"Wilbur, uh, told me to come here.." I mutter, hiding the gun from him before he sees it. I place the gun back in the waistband of my pants.

Alex slowly wanders over to me, he hesitantly sits down on the couch, right next to me. "Oh.." He turns his head to look at me, I look back at him. Why was he so nervous now? He hadn't been like this when I saw him those three other times. I hear a small gasp come from his lips. "You're not wearing your necklace.." His face seems emotionless, unsure of what to do. He lifts his hand, glancing at my eyes before placing a hand on my shoulder. "You're not wearing your necklace" He repeats, this time a large smile spreads across his face.

"Yeah.." I bring my hand down to my waist, ready to grab my gun and shoot him. Suddenly, he throws his arms around me and giggles happily.