eighteen

chapter eighteen
creep?

            I glance up at Wil as we walk deeper into the forest, the trees above us blocked a large amount of the rain but small downpour still hit the umbrella above my head

            I glance up at Wil as we walk deeper into the forest, the trees above us blocked a large amount of the rain but small downpour still hit the umbrella above my head. "So, what was so secretive that you needed to bring me into a forest to tell me?" I ask him. He stops walking so I quickly do the same.

"Could you take your crucifix off?" Wilbur speaks up, he had been quiet this whole walk. "It's not to harm you or anything, I just-- please" He quietly pleads. I'm still hesitant.

"Uhh.." I think for a moment. "I'll take it off if you tell me the secret Alex is talking about" I promise. A large grin grows on my face when he rolls his eyes.

"It's nothing. Alright? I was just saying goodmorning before heading to bed and I accidentally said 'I love you' to him, he's making it such a big deal" Wil places a hand on the lower half of his face and loudly groans. I laugh and he hides his face from me.

"Well, technically you're the one who made it a big deal by forcing him to keep it a secret" I point out, shrugging my shoulders. "And, hey? Do you not love him or something?" I give him a questioning look, he now slaps both his hands on his face. "Like, friends can say 'I love you' to each other too..(but by the way you to act with each other, I think you guys are closer than friends).. so why did you need to make it a big deal?" I add.

"Ugh, I do" He hastily admits. "But whenever he's told those words, he goes insane and constantly brings up that someone told him that they love him, I didn't want that to be brought up in front of Schlatt" He explains to me. His words slowly connect in my brain, but soon enough I understand and nod my head.

"Ah, that makes more sense. I'm thankful you did that" I smile at him, his hands slip from his face and he smiles back at me. "Oh," I pass him my umbrella. I reach for my necklace and carefully slide it off. "Where could I put it? We're in the middle of the forest" I look around, not spotting any safe space to put it.

"I could hold onto it for ya!" A man lowers down from the trees with the help of a long green string, it looked disgusting. The goo hung like a swing, his foot was pressed into the base as he held out his hand towards me.

"Oh, thank you" I thank him and hand over the necklace. He nods and flies back up into the trees. "Wait, who the fuck was that?" I look up. Wilbur doesn't seem to pay any mind to it. Instead he just throws his arms over my shoulders and pulls me into a tight hug. "I-I-- I think I saw something, like a guy? A goopy guy? I'm.. I'm not sure.." I ramble, looking around to see if I could find the man anywhere.

"Y/N, Schlatt told me what happened. The night I visited your house, why didn't you tell me what your father did?" Wil rests his hands on my shoulders (one of his hands still held an umbrella so he was careful not to hit me with it). "I feel terrible. I took your blood and you were only crying yourself to sleep a moment before" He sadly admits, his eyes glossy.