thirteen

chapter thirteen
problems

            Loud clanking of metal wakes me up

            Loud clanking of metal wakes me up. I open my eyes to be met with a dark wall in my face, I shudder and sit up. Looking around, I realize I'm in a jail cell. I look out the cell bars and see Wilbur and Alex being shoved into the cell across from me. "Don't touch me! I'm fucking going.." Alex scowls, nudging the vampire hunter back with his elbow.

"Alex, be nice to them.. you don't know what they'll do.." Wilbur scolds his friend before quietly apologizing to the man that pushed them into the cell.

The man slams their cell door shut before turning to face my cell. "Oh, you're already awake. Come on, your father said you're free to leave" He tilts his head to the right as he flips through his many keys.

"If Y/N leaves I'm killing everyone here!" Alex shouts, gaining our attention. "And you first-- uh.. wh-what was your name again--?"

"Gary"

"GARY!" Alex finishes his rant. "I will! Don't doubt me!" He grabs onto the cell bars and shakes them.

"No you won't! We have over a hundred V.H.A members here, you think you can kill us?" Gary scoffs, laughing at Alex's anger.

"Yes I will! I have uh.. laser eyes! I will zap you! Vampires have laser eyes!" Alex rambles, glaring at the man who unlocked my cell.

"Do they actually?" Gary looks at both me and Wilbur.

"No," Wilbur shakes his head. "No, they do not, sir" He sighs. "Alex, come on, let Y/N leave. You don't want her staying in a dirty cell, do you?" He places a hand on Alex's shoulder.

"Well-- no. But I want her to stay here!" Alex complains, slouching onto the cell bars.

"It's not like you guys are gonna stay here long anyways," Gary snickers. "In just a few hours you're both going to be publicly executed anyways" He shrugs and pulls open my cell door.

Wilbur goes to speak but Gary is suddenly zapped and turned into dust. "WHAT THE FUCK?!" Wilbur screams, his eyes wide. Did Alex actually have laser eyes? "Why-- what the fuck? Is he.. is he alright?" He walks closer to Alex, now the both of them held onto the cell bars. Suddenly, the milkman (Ted) walks up and places both his hands on his hips and stares up at the ceiling.

"You're welcome!" Ted sings.

"Ted, you fucking killed someone! He's dead!" I motion to the pile of ashes on the floor. "You just cremated him!"

"Uh-- I said you're welcome" Ted grumbles and crosses his arms. "I mean, you should be thanking me!" He huffs and places a hand on his chest.

"Hey, thanks Ted! I haven't seen you in a while, how have you been?" Alex smiles at the milkman, waving his hand.

"Oh.. wait.. Alex?" Ted questions, tilting his head and staring at Alex with a confused look on his face. "Uhh, hey!"

I crouch down and grab the keys from the pile of ash, grimacing slightly when my fingers touch the cremated guy. "Can you bring the guy back to life..?" I ask, walking over to the two vampires cell, flipping through the keys and testing them on the lock.