eleven

chapter eleven
jealously

            "It's not a big deal" I grumble and roll my eyes

            "It's not a big deal" I grumble and roll my eyes. My father frantically paces back and forth. "It's just my shoulder" I cross my arms and turn away. He had grabbed my shoulder when I entered the home two hours ago and saw me wince. He's always skeptical, so as soon as he saw I was in pain he forced me to show him what was causing it.

"I mean.. you got bit-- you got bit by a vampire! Of course it's a big deal!" He cries out, glaring at my shoulder before looking at my face. "You've been gone for two days and now have two vampire bites in your shoulder?! What, do you have fangs too?" He storms over to me.

"No!" I exclaim, slapping both my hands over my mouth. He scoffs and crosses his arms.

"Yeah right! Show me then!" He demands. I hesitate, but I slowly lower my hands and awkwardly open my mouth. Once he catches sight of my teeth, he let's out a sigh of relief. "Oh thank god" He drops onto the couch. "I-I thought you were a vampire!" He drags his hands down his face.

"Vampires aren't that bad.." I blurt out, my voice still low.

He removes his hands from his face and stares at me, he looked offended. "Yes they are! One of them fucking bit you in the shoulder!" He stands back up and walks up to me. "And you tell my they aren't that bad..?" He scowls at me.

"I let him!" I shout at my father. "Okay.. that sounds like-- whatever, I swear, he was just dying and I felt terrible, I needed to save him!" I loudly explain, he grumbles and shakes his head.

He refuses. "No daughter of mine will be dating a vampire--!"

"We're not dating!" I scream over him, embarrassed.

"Oh, whatever!" He waves me off. "Either way, you consented to it! You let a vampire bite you!" He repeats, his face now visibly showing his anger.

"He's a nice guy!" I bud in.

"If he's such a nice guy, then why don't you invite him over for dinner?" He suggests, his eyes glare at me.

"Uhh, there's actually.. two of them?" I nervously admit.

"Two--?!" His eyes widen but he quickly regains his composure. "Then I want you to invite them both over for dinner tomorrow" He clears his throat.

"And.. you won't try to kill them?" I tilt my head, watching as he turns his head away from me.

"Yeah, yeah. Sure. Now go up to your room, I'm still mad at you" He flicks his hand, telling me to go away.