ten

chapter ten
blood

               Alex grumbles under his breath as the blood is smeared off his skin with the help of a wet rag

               Alex grumbles under his breath as the blood is smeared off his skin with the help of a wet rag. His hands forming and unforming into fists as he impatiently sits on the closed toliet lid and waits for me to wipe all the blood off his face. "I want to know why you did it.." I mumble, glancing into his eyes before staring back at the blood on his skin, his breath stunk of blood and flesh.

"I couldn't control it. It's not like I wanted to fucking kill the guy" Alex raises his voice, quickly realizing what he had done. "I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry, Y/N" He chokes out, his fists rest right above his knees, his knuckles push harshly into his legs.

I notice the figure in the doorway, I turn my head and see Wilbur. He sadly stares at Alex, but when he realizes I had seen him he switches his gaze to me. I turn my head back to Alex. "Don't worry, I know you didn't mean to.." I lift my free hand, placing it on his shoulder. My other hand stays on his face, separated by the wet rag against his skin.

"Alex," Wilbur speaks up, we both look at him. "After you get all that shit off your face, how about you head to bed?" He crosses his arms and leans on the doorframe. His eyes, his tone, everything told me he was worried for the man in front of him. "It's been a long day, hasn't it?"

"Yeah.." Alex looks to the floor and nods. "I will.." Alex mutters. His hands were bloody, unwashed. They only reminded him of what he had done not long ago. Wilbur nods and leaves, going down the hall.

I tap Alex's cheek with the rag, he lifts his head and slowly lifts his eyes after. "It's okay.." I reassure him. It wasn't okay, but why hadn't I cared? Why am I comforting a vampire who just murdered the shopkeeper? But he truly couldn't control it. "Just wait here a few more minutes" I tell him. He nods and I continue to gently scrub the blood off his face. He could've easily done this by himself, but I don't think I trust him alone in a room with anything to harm him. I don't trust him alone. Does this mean I care about a vampire?

Once I get all the blood off his face (and only a faint pink tint on his face remains) and hands, we leave the bathroom and walk to his room. Alex could barely stand, I don't know if it was tiredness or guilt. He couldn't do anything but sway as he walked or lie down. He slumps against me slightly as I open the door to his room, his arms slide up my arms and his face hides in the crook of my neck. It made me feel terrible for being afraid.

I move a bit slower as I walk over to his coffin, I carefully crouch down and he follows in pursuit, his chest slumped against my back. He quietly inhales, but I could still feel it on my skin. "Don't leave.. please.." He silently pleads, his fingers drag mindlessly through my hair, they loosly tangle and he gently pulls them away before repeating what he had just done before. "I don't know if I can handle it.. I can't.. I can't be alone again, please.." He sobs, I feel his tears drop onto my skin, making me shiver.