nine

chapter nine
control

                 "It's not like I meant to, I

                 "It's not like I meant to, I.. I lost control. I'm not good at controlling myself, I'll admit that. It's an embarrassing thing to admit, but I'll admit that. I'm not good at self-control. When I take that first drop of blood, I can't control myself.." Alex shamefully rambles to me as I stay sat in the chair I was tied to. "I'm pathetic"

"How did he die though? Wouldn't he just turn into a vampire?" I question, tilting my head slightly so I can stare at his crazed facial features. His own mind was attacking him.

Alex looks at me with wide eyes, he seemed terrified of something, maybe himself. "Sometimes I like to eat the source of all the blood.. that's when I know I've taken it to far.." He mutters to me. "I'm sorry.. Y/N. Y/N, I need to leave, I need to get blood" He hastily apologizes before leaving the room.

I stare at the door for a moment. Schlatt appears again and shakes his head. "I can't believe it. How did I not know it was him?" He grumbles, floating around the room, his knees curled up against his chest as he does so.

"What do you mean?" I lift my head and stare up at him.

"Alex. He was my ex fiancé"

My eyes widen and I move my head forward. "You were engaged to a vampire..? Like-- a human and a vampire, engaged?" I ask him for more confirmation.

He groans and slaps his hands on his face. "Yes! Stupid, I know. I had a heart attack, then I turned into a ghost. Worst part is, he didn't even report my death to anyone! He just cut me open and ate my heart! That sick fuck" He scowls and crosses his arms. "Now I have to spend the rest of my life wandering around, bored out of my fucking mind!" He exclaims, complaining about his ex.

"Is that why you've been so annoyed with me lately..?" I hesitantly ask. He lifts his head and stares at me with a bit of confusion and a bit of anger on his face.

"I wanna discuss it in a more private area.." He mumbles, floating down so he can be face to face with me. "Is that fine?"

"Well, yeah, of course it's okay. But I don't know if I'm ever getting out of this. So for now, let's deal with the being tied up situation, and then we'll talk" I reassure him, a small smile on my face. He smiles back.

The door opens and he disappears just like that. Sometimes I think he doesn't like being social, maybe I was just one of the lucky few that he had actually opened up to. Maybe Alex was one of those people too. I stare at the head poking into the room, it was Wilbur. He stares at me with wide eyes. "I was wondering where the fuck you went. I just came up here to check why Alex has been sneaking into this room for the past two days" Wil slips into the room and closes the door.

"I've been out for two days?!" I stare at him, shock written all over my face. "My father told me to think about what I've done and then come back home, I don't think he's gonna assume I've been thinking for two fucking days!" I shout, Wilbur is quick to try and shush me.