four

chapter four
bye

              "Why hasn't Jared visited? I haven't seen him in over a week now, it's not like him" my father asks me as he bandages my finger, (also cleaning off the dried blood)

              "Why hasn't Jared visited? I haven't seen him in over a week now, it's not like him" my father asks me as he bandages my finger, (also cleaning off the dried blood). I had stupidly went to bed last night without cleaning the wound.

"Oh.. he, uh, I don't know.." I shrug. "He'll probably come over later today, its been a while" I assume. I was hoping I was wrong, like, very wrong. I couldn't face him after seeing him kiss another woman.

"Ah, yeah, maybe" He nods, backing away and putting the bandages back where they were found. "And have you seen my whiskey--?"

"No! I'm going to my room, bye!" I yell, rushing up to my room. I slip inside and slam the door shut, pressing my back against the wood.

"Uhh, alright..!" I hear my fathers voice respond to me.

That wasn't suspicious, right? I quickly whip my head to the left when I hear something hit my window, I watch for a second and see a small pebble hit the window. I walk over and peak out the window. Speak of the fucking devil.

I open the window and look down at him. "What do you want Jared? And why the fuck are you hitting my window with rocks?" I watch as he drops the rocks and looks up at me.

"Why haven't you come out to see me?" He shouts up at me.

I lean on the window sill, picking up a pebble (he threw) from the roof. "Because I saw you kiss someone else" I admit, tossing the pebble back down.

The pebble taps his thick skull. "W-What? Uh, no I didn't" He shakes his head. "Nuh uh"

"Yeah you did! I saw her!" I point down at him, he shakes his head again.

"No I didn't" He crosses his arms. "Uhh, yeah. No, no I didn't.. I didn't kiss any girl!" He refuses to believe what I saw with my own fucking eyes. "Y'know maybe we should break up if you're this paranoid of me cheating!" He huffs and shrugs his shoulders.

I roll my eyes and scoff. "Okay, if you insist! Bye" I grab the handles of the window, pulling it closed.

"Y/N! No, wait-- please!"

I close the window and take a deep breath, it soon turns into an agonizing exhale as I slump against the wall and drop to the floor. I bring my knees to my chest and place my forehead on my knees, my throat painfully closes as I sob. Why do I care this much? He cheated on me, sure, but I never felt a real connection with him. He just didn't feel like the one. So why am I crying?

I wipe away my tears after a few minutes and just sit still, staring at my room in silence. I take in a deep breath before pushing myself to my feet and exiting my room. I make my way back downstairs. I see my father searching the cabinets (probably for his whiskey). "Hey, what was that knocking?" He questions, not even glancing at me, but he probably heard the stairs creaking.