seven

chapter seven
family

             I wake up in a dark room, a few candles being the only faint light source

             I wake up in a dark room, a few candles being the only faint light source. I shiver and hold the blanket, that was over me, tighter before I close my eyes again. It takes me a moment to recall how I fell asleep but when I remember that this was not the room I fell asleep in, I opened my eyes and sat up.

I look down at the coffin I slept in, it was blue, the same blue as the blanket I slept with. It was that blue blanket with the ducks on it, the one Alex had that one time. I look to my right and see a small bat asleep right next to where my head used to lie. I quickly lift my hand to my neck, seeing if they had attacked me. Luckily, all there was, was the bandage from before.

"What's this? Why are you friends with the two of them so suddenly?" Schlatt appears out of no where, glaring at me. "Yesterday we were just talking about how your father was gonna kill them and now you're cuddling one?" He scowls at me.

"They're.." I huff. "Look, I don't know what changed. Maybe I just saw how they were more human than my own father" I grip the blanket in my hands. "Let's get out of here" I shake my head, pulling the blanket off me and carefully getting out of the coffin. Schlatt nods and we both leave the room.

I look down the hallway, trying to figure out where to go. A loud clattering sound makes me and Schlatt both jump, we look at each other. "Shit, are you about to die?" He looks down at me, I scoff and he laughs.

"No, I probably won't" I roll my eyes and start walking down the hallway after remembering how to exit the house. Sadly, I needed to walk towards the sudden noise to leave. "Those two vampires didn't attempt to kill me when I fell asleep, so I feel like I'm safe" I ramble to him as I walk.

"Whatever.." He mutters. Something seemed to be on his mind. I glance back at him only to see he was gone.

I shake it off and step into the living room, the door to the kitchen was open but I didn't pay any mind to it, I just walked past it and over to the door.

"Y/N?" A voice calls out to me. I flinch and slowly peak over my shoulder, seeing Wilbur in the kitchen, staring at me through the open door. "Where are you going?" Wil asks, a pan in his hand.

"Uh.. home" I glance at the front door before looking back at him.

"It's midnight" He turns his head to a wall, maybe there's was a clock there. "It's best you stay here until the sun rises"

I mean, I did say I was starting to trust them. "Okay.. sure" I nod and walk away from the front door, going to the kitchen. I push the door shut, but I don't close it completely. "So, don't vampires sleep at this time? Why are you awake?" I ask him, spotting the clock I guessed was in here.