32

"A perfect world is never perfect 

only filled with lies,promises are broken

and more resentment come alive"

Pride~Kendrick Lamar

It all happens in mere seconds

It all happens in mere seconds.Screams fill the air then shots ring out while lights are down,the moonlight being the only light that seeps in.Riccardo's phone is already on his ear as he speaks through the phone and me?

I stand still,frozen in place as shock overwhelms me.This was a no weapon party,who would attack?

"Moretti's."I mutter softly as realization seeps in.The one time everyone is together,legal and illegal.They planned this but what do they really want?

"It is and currently they have taken over our software but it's being rebooted by Nat.The situation is bad but we are evacuating everyone.Other families are fighting in our aid but we are still overpowered."Riccardo groans in frustration."But this was a no weapon party."

"Yeah but we have to have weapons and we gave the other families to fend for themselves.They came in so quietly they must've had inside help."Riccardo says to himself and I nod agreeing.

A glass shutter's,echoing from the main hall,must be one of the beautiful chandeliers."If things are too bad out there we all evacuate as well,so far they've only blocked out 2 but there's 2 more that people are evacuating from.One upstairs and the other is behind the stage.We will go to the upstairs one."Riccardo says to me as he takes out two guns from his waistband and hands me one.It feels heavier than before,or maybe its the small fear that has creeped in.

As if reading my thoughts,Riccardo grabs a hold of my cheeks,gun tucked away, and kisses me.I wrap my arms around his neck as the kiss turns passionate with so many words that have been unsaid.A small tear rolls down my cheek at the thought that this could be our last.

Riccardo pulls away slowly as he removes the tear from my cheek and gives me a small smile,a real smile."We'll be alright sunshine."He whispers and I give him a smile of my own.Pulling up my big girl ovaries ,I grab ahold of the gun and remove it from safety.

"Let's go kick ass."I say with a grin to which Riccardo only chuckles as he takes out his gun again."That's the spirit."

We head down the darkened hallway,the moonlight being the only source of light as the sounds of gunshots and screams echo.Once we're close ,Riccardo immediately pulls us behind a pillar that overlooks everything.

Blood paints the furnished floors as men and women lay dead,some stare into nothing I mourn for them.They didn't ask to be involved in a war.

People fight hand on hand and I notice Adria and Liam fighting side by side as they protect each other.Adria's gown torn,gun in hand as she shoots someone who was coming for Liam from behind.Liam's jacket is long discarded,his sleeves folded up and filled with blood.