012

Yongsun opened her eyes, grumbling at the harsh rays of the early morning sun hitting her eyes. She moved her head to avoid the light, inhaling sharply when she felt pain and soreness when she moved her neck.

She closed her eyes and focused on the slow and rhythmic heartbeat of the warm body under her. She sighed heavily against her chest. Memories and flashes of what happened only hours ago flooded her mind as she felt relaxed against her heated and sticky skin.

The room reeked of sex with small tinges of expensive cologne.

She tried falling back to sleep but found herself unable to; her mind was racing at a thousand miles, but at the same time, she couldn't comprehend them.

Her hand mindlessly traced shapes on her girlfriend's waist. She neared the thin skin of her ribcage, under the swell of her breast, and unconsciously and lightly raked her fingernails against sensitive skin.

The younger girl flinched, and her muscles tensed under her touch.

Yongsun quickly pulled her hand away, as if she had touched something scorching hot, and realized she had woken the other woman when she felt her hand caressing her arm.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you?" She asked softly, trying to speak despite her strained and weak voice.

Byul cleared her throat and rubbed her eyes. "It's fine. It's probably late, and I still have to get to the company to get some work done."

Yongsun sat up and looked down at the younger girl as if she were about to scold her with a frown on her face. "It's still early, and aren't you the boss? Can't you arrive whenever you want or skip for a day?"

Byul looked up with a slight irritation. "I can't just do that. They count on me and rely on me. As the CEO, creative director, and producer, I have to be there. Out of all the people, I would've believed you would understand. Have you ever filmed a movie without the screenwriters, director, and producer?"

"No, no, I have not." She mumbled while straightening her posture. "But you're human too. I can see you're exhausted and tired. You deserve to rest too."

Byul closed her eyes and inhaled deeply. "They rely on me and count on me. As much as I would want to take a break, I just can't. We can't afford to, especially since we are so near." She said in a stern tone.

Yongsun held her hand and rubbed the soft skin. "I know, I'm sorry, it's just," She averted her gaze, feeling embarrassed for what she was about to say. "I won't be here for long. I was hoping to at least spend my first day back together."

Byul's face softened, and she brought the older's hand to her lips, pecking her palm lightly. "I know, and I'm also sorry about that, but today is an important day. Had it been any other day, I would've asked someone else to step in for me, but I have to be there today. I'm sorry, unnie."

Her voice and tone were genuinely filled with regret and guilt as she tried to seem as apologetic as she could, not wanting to cause another argument.

Yongsun's shoulders slumped in defeat, and her lips were pressed to a thin line. "Okay, I understand. I shouldn't have said that. No need to apologize."

Byul let go of her hand and rubbed her face a couple of times, feeling a headache already forming.

"No, I had to. I should've told you yesterday about my plans. We're both at fault, okay?"

Her tone came out harsher than she meant it to be, but she was tired at this point of their small fights.

They were both short-tempered and tended to leave things bottled up inside them until it was too much, and they ended up exploding it all on each other.