Chapter 55

A/N: No other way to put it other than to be honest.

I was bored of writing and lost the mojo for a while. I wanted to take a short break but weeks turned to months and it wasn't until someone said that they wanted a new chapter for Christmas that I decided to bite the bullet and write something.

I'm rusty and I don't think it's my best work but it's something and I actually enjoyed writing it.

Anyway, thanks for your (Im)patience. Let the Sports Festival begin.

Thanks to Ammo and Mega for proof reading the chapter and assuring me that this wasn't as big of a garbage fire as I originally thought it was. The rust is real and it took quite a bit of effort to churn out considering how out of practice I am.

Perhaps it was the fact that we were all incredibly busy with Student Council duties and my dealings over the past week and a half that I hadn't even noticed how quickly this day had approached.

The day was here. It was finally here. The beginning of the Sports Festival.

So many things happened in such a short period that it was almost too much to go through everything. Many things were different but a lot remained the same. The harassment of the second-years was unrelenting. It made moving things along so much more difficult with prying eyes around me at every turn. It's why my secret little helper was so valuable. No one would have suspected that the two of us would be working together.

I hadn't imposed any of my duties on Honami, I'd worked diligently and completed all of my work. It was necessary because a certain Smirking Bastard threatened us after we'd done it the first time.

Ironically, it wasn't my fault. Honami insisted on taking my workload so I could focus on preparing for the competition. While it wasn't said, the apprehension and anxiety at the prospect of my potential expulsion was palpable.

It was a subject that was avoided like the plague. Honami refused to speak about it as if just mentioning it would speak it into existence. I had no reason to reassure her, it was better for me if she were anxious. It seemed that Nagumo was keeping tabs on her to see whether or not Class D had made any alternative plans through Kushida. On numerous occasions, Kushida had vented frustrations about the fact that Class D was seemingly doomed. She continually voiced concerns to Honami under the guise of being supportive, asking if she was okay and offering an ear and a shoulder if she ever needed to talk.

I continued to stretch, sitting on the floor with my feet out before folding myself over to stretch my lower back and hamstrings. Exhaling slowly, I raised myself back to a seated position only to see a cane and a pair of slender legs dressed in the usual school-issued track pants. I looked up at Arisu who smiled knowingly down at me.

I couldn't help but smirk back, no one would have known that the two of us would join forces like this. That the one person who wanted to beat me so badly was the one who had been my greatest assistant. All stemming from one fateful dinner and an unexpected request...

"Kiyotaka," Arisu started as she put down her chopsticks and folded her hands. "There's something I want to talk to you about."

I paused with my eating, glancing at her curiously. She'd only adopted that pose when she was deep in thought, usually in the throws of an intense chess match. Whatever this was, it was serious. I put down my own chopsticks before pushing my plate aside and giving her my full attention.

While Arisu had expensive tastes, normally opting for French cuisine that opted for indulgent ingredients like heavy amounts of butter and fat this time she'd taken me to a Japanese restaurant. Putting my needs above her tastes and knowing that I had to opt for the healthier options of fish and vegetables.