I wanna try even though I could fail

𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐥

Buck

Tonight Eddie and Christopher are coming over for a movie night.

I invited them to my place since I have a bigger TV, technically the only reason why that happened is because of Maddie.

My sister has helped me so much hat she got my daughter addicted to the screens.

I swear technology isn't good for her but Maddie insisted on getting her an iPod last Christmas and Disney +.

Amelia listens to music every day.

She gets that from her mother.

I won't let her have an iPhone yet despite what Maddie says about communication.

"Dad, can we watch Barbie tonight?" I feel Amelia lean into my side while I am making mac and cheese for the kids.

It's simple and I know how to boil noodles thanks to Maddie.

Technically, Christopher is a teenager, according to Eddie.

"Hey, love, all dressed in your PJs for movie night? I don't think Christopher will want to watch a movie with hot pink and fashion all over the screen. You will have to ask him." I side-hug her and fix her pajama shirt that is sticking out.

"Why can't we watch a movie together like we always do?" Amelia asks me while crossing her arms.

"Because I invited my co-worker over for dinner and a movie tonight. He has a son, age 13. I think that you two will get along." I keep stirring the pasta while Amelia helps me set the bowls and silverware out.

"I don't need new friends. Eeew boys have cooties." I watch her nose scrunch up.

"What about me?" I make a pouty face at her.

"You are the only exception." I watch her reach up to pat my shoulder.

"I'll tell you what, if you give Eddie and Christopher a chance, I'll ask Auntie M if she will come over to watch Barbie." I make a compromise with my daughter since I don't want to watch a movie about a doll.

While I am draining the pasta, I hear a knock at the door and nudge Amelia to get it so that I can finish cooking.

"Hi, I'm Christopher!" I hear the boy's voice while I'm wiping my hands on a hand towel.

"Hey, Eddie, glad you could make it. Dinner is almost ready." I walk to the order with the kitchen towel over my shoulder.

"Amelia, did you introduce yourself?" I stand behind her while she stares at Christopher's crutches.