If you wanna cry, I'll be your shoulder

𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐜𝐫𝐲, 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫

𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡, 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞

𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐲, 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐤𝐲

𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞

Buck

It's been a week since the fire at Amelia's school. Tomorrow the kids are getting the choice to go back to school but at a different building in the district.

I don't want Amelia to go.

She's been hanging with Maddie while I've been at work for 5/7 of the days of this week. I am taking a break from having her sitter over since the fire.

It's 2:30 am on a Sunday. I had to use the restroom and I think Amelia had to also. Her bathroom light is on, and I can tell that her door is slightly ajar.

"Mils, did you forget to turn the bathroom light off?" I enter her room and see her bedsheets on the floor I notice that she's sitting by her toilet.

Amelia doesn't say a word to me as I walk into the bathroom and sit on the tile next to her.

It's the new normal. She barely says a thing to me unless she's hungry or is going to sleep.

I wipe my eyes with my hands to wake myself up and sit down on the bathroom floor with her.

"Hey, what's wrong? Another nightmare?" I sit with her and place a hand on her back to rub it.

The bandage on her arm covers about 3/4 of the burn wound and parts of her hand. She also has a bruise on her left leg from running in the fire the other day to the bathroom to hide. I can't imagine how scared she is and she's only 10.

I watch her put her head on my shoulder and struggle to fall back asleep.

"Is it okay if I carry you back to bed? You can sleep with me if you want." I offer since the bathroom floor is uncomfortable.

I notice that she hasn't used the toilet. She must have come in here to turn on the light.

Amelia doesn't even respond to me. Instead, I watch her cuddle up into my chest while we are sitting on the bathroom floor. I carry her back to my loft bed where she can lay comfortably with her arm resting on a pillow.

"I'll always be there for you, Mils. I love you." I kiss her forehead and get in bed a few spaces beside her.

When my alarm rings at 6:00 am, I have to reach past her to turn my phone off.