My fingers are clenched, my stomach's in knots

𝐌𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝,

𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐡'𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐬

𝐌𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠,

𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 (𝐀𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭)

Eddie

It's been a few days since Chris met  Buck and Amelia. He keeps asking when he can see Amelia again and I am convinced that he only likes Buck's place because his TV is bigger than mine.

"Have a good day at school Chris." I wave to Chris who is walking off quickly towards his private school.

Today is one of those slow days where my B shift doesn't start till 10:00 am so I have time to chat with Chris in the car and drop him off at school.

It's one of those days that I cherish because as a probationary firefighter, you don't have much time for your kid while at work.

"See you later, dad." I watch Chris wave at me once he is on the sidewalk safe with one of his friends who is helping him up.

I wave back to him then head to the station to get ready for my shift.

"Morning, Eddie. You ready for this heat wave?" I walk in and see Hen watching the weather report on the TV in the lounge with Chimney.

"I don't think so. Chris and I might have to make a trip to the beach soon." I reply then head to the lockers to change into my uniform.

"Morning, Eddie. How are you?" I walk into the lockers and hear Buck's voice from behind me while he's buttoning up his shirt and fixing his collar.

I stare at him for a moment and can't help but feel like I am attracted to him.

He's my mentor, I can't stare at him.

"Tired but good. Chris is in his stay up late and beg me to let him play video games phase." I say to Buck since I don't have any personal life updates from him.

"Oof. I wish Amelia was a gamer. She's in her arts and crafts phase now. I let Maddie handle it." I watch Buck walk out of the locker room with perfect posture.

After a minor call where we had to explain to an elderly lady how to turn her fire alarm off, the team and I headed back to the station for a late lunch.

It's Captain Nash's turn to cook this time.

I have a feeling it's going to be good since Hen explained to me that he's the best chef in the fire department.

"What's cooking?" I see a police officer walk into the dining room and kiss Captain Nash on the cheek while he's cooking by the stove.

"Chicken Chorizo, babe." I hear Cap say as Buck leans over to talk to me.