I'm no Superman, I can't take your hand

𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧, 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝

𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐠𝐨,

 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫, 𝐛𝐮𝐭

𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨

Buck

It's hour 9/12 of my shift and the power went out a second ago. 

Cap ordered Chim and Hen to grab flashlights and pass them around.

I'm sitting in our dark kitchen with my phone flashlight on waiting for Amelia's sitter to pick up the phone. Her sister picked her up from school today since Maddie is still on shift at the dispatch center.

I didn't plan on leaving my baby girl in a rain storm, after all, she's been through with the school fire and nightmares.

I still need to look for a therapist or psychologist to get her assessed.

"Hey, Buck, do you know where the flashlights are? The one I have in my hand just went out. The batteries must need to be replaced." I hear her sitter's voice on the phone. 

"There's a small flashlight next to the pantry door and a big lantern for emergencies under the board game cabinet in the living room." I tell her while I wait to talk to my daughter.

"Thanks. I found the one next to the pantry door. I'll hand my phone over to Amelia and look for the other one." She says while I hear her moving around to hand the cell phone to my daughter. 

"Dad, when are you coming home? It's late and stormy and dark outside. My bandages got all wet from walking outside. It stings a little. She put new bandages on though. It doesn't hurt as bad now." I listen to Amelia talk about her sitter and can tell that she is nervous about the storm with all her jumbled-up sentences. 

She's not as mad at me about my long weekend away anymore, which is good. 

I haven't explained to her what I was doing over the weekend yet. 

I haven't figured out my sexuality.

I know that I have a thing for Eddie and it's not friendship or bromance. 

"Hopefully, I'll be home tonight. Don't stay up for me, okay? I'll be there when you wake up tomorrow. If you need to you can always cuddle your stuffies." I say to her calmly and pray to god that Chim is not going to make fun of me for talking about stuffed animals during a power outage.