'Cause Dad's moving slowеr and time's moving faster

𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞'𝐬  𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧' 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫

'𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐝'𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰е𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞'𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐮𝐠 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝

𝐆𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬

Buck

Love is stupid. I don't know who ever thought of it because they must've never heard of heartbreak. There's grief, regret, and heartbreak running through my mind right now and I can't make it stop. I can't even talk to Eddie about it. He works with Tommy on shifts while I do desk work and clipboard management since I'm still not 100% up on my feet again.

It's been three weeks since Eddie and I's fall out and we have management not to bump into each other in the station's locker rooms or dining room. Three weeks of me doing physical therapy when I should be out on calls. Three weeks of moving from a cast and stitches to a big scar on my hip and a boot on my leg. Three weeks of watching Tommy and Eddie work together as if they're the popular jocks in the class.

I don't know how long this will last

Amelia's doing great at her new school with Chris though. She had already been invited to two sleepovers and someone's birthday party. I said yes to the birthday party but I'm still thinking about the sleepovers since she has nightmares, medication, and asthma.

She's been so preoccupied with school, art club after school, and all her friends that she hasn't asked about Chris in a while. Which is such a relief for me so I don't get my parents trapped with Eddie again. Our kids are smarter than we think. For all we know they might be planning a heist behind our backs.

My schedule with work, physical therapy, and Amelia has made me forget about Eddie for a moment. Sure, I think about what he last said to me about love. But I've been busy too, not just with him. I'm a single dad too.

I also still need to make Amelia a psychiatrist appointment but I don't want to pull her out of school or activities for a day. She's been so happy even with the fire, nightmares, and asthma attack still fresh in her mind. I'm so proud of her. She's a Buckley.

"Um hi, are you Evan Buckley?" A younger woman walks over to me while I'm waiting for Amelia at her Bus stop with my boot on my leg and crutches in case I need support.

I'll be so happy when my leg is healed completely. That will mean I can go back to work.

"Yes, Yes, I am. How can I help you?" I look her in the eye and can tell that she's a parent too from her PTA badge.