'Cause if it's a work in progress

'𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭

𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬 (𝐟𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬, 𝐟𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬), 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡

𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞

𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

𝐈'𝐦 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

*May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Check on your friends, family, co-workers, and partners. Everyone is struggling post-pandemic but no one likes to talk about how lonely and hard it is to move on.

Buck

It's finally Saturday and Amelia and I have a day off from everything.

Ever since Amelia ran into a burning school bus to retrieve a thank-you card for Eddie's service, I have banned her from screen time and from seeing her friends after school. I let her go see Chris though because that wasn't something I was gonna take away from her, friendship.

So it's been two weeks of her complaining and begging her aunts and uncles to let her watch movies or go out with people without me. I remember when I was her age and I would do reckless and stupid things to get attention from people I love. But I don't want her to end up like me and think it's okay to do stupid things like that and think it's not gonna kill her.

Last week, I was apartment hunting and talking to my leasing guy about getting out of my apartment earlier than the 6-month deadline. This week is a new week and I'm gonna have to let Amelia stay with somebody whether that's Maddie or Hen, if I'm going to be working on moving and paperwork this week. The new apartment is closer to The Durand School and close to my new station.

I haven't told Amelia yet but we're moving in two days with the help of Maddie and Chim. Bobby knows that he's no longer my captain and I don't think he can force me to come back to the 118.

There was an opening at station 114 that needed to be filled and I took it as soon as I could. If Eddie isn't mature and ready to talk to me, then I'm not ready to talk to him about being 'just friends' as Cap says.

"Amelia, can you please come to the kitchen," I call for her while I am making her stir fry with chicken.

"Dad, I'm doing my reading homework. You told me to do it before dinner," I hear Amelia's footsteps and see her holding onto a pencil and book.