Hey, I know it's 4 a.m. in LA. I hoped you'd still be up anyway

𝐇𝐞𝐲, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝟒 𝐚.𝐦. 𝐢𝐧 𝐋𝐀.

𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲

Buck

The good news is that I found a place to stay in a hotel.

The bad news is that I haven't found my sister yet and she could be in danger.

What if some crazy man is after her again?

"Buck, where are you?" I hear Eddie's rough and groggy voice on the other line.

His voice sounds so sexy at the crack of dawn in the morning.

"Hey, I know it's 4 am in L.A. I hope you'd still be up anyway." I say on the phone while I lay against the pillows the hotel provided me.

"I'm up now. Did you find Maddie? Buck, you have work in about 3 hours. What am I supposed to tell Cap and Amelia?" I take this as a sign that he's wide awake now.

"Tell Cap I'm out of town. I guess you can tell Maddie that Amelia's father needed a weekend trip away." I tell him without thinking about it first.

What will Amelia think I'm doing when she here's that?

"I'm not going to lie to your kid and boss. Buck, where are you? Are you safe?" Eddie yawns while on the phone with me.

"I'm safe in a hotel room. I'm still worried about my sister. She isn't responding to my texts or calls." I say while I am wide awake.

"Maybe it's because she doesn't want to be found. Buck, she's an adult. She can take care of herself. Please come home. I can't watch your daughter for you. I have job and a son. I have a life." Eddie says to me

"Wait, Eddie are you saying this because you need me? No one's ever needed me before besides Cap." I close my eyes and hold the phone to my ear.

"Buck, all I'm saying is that you are my mentor. Aren't you supposed to be like training me on the ins and outs of the station?" Eddie says in his rough, tired voice.

Damn why do I like the sound of his voice? It's almost 4:30 am.

"Oh, um I was supposed to. Let's forget about that. Can you please watch Amelia for another day? Take her to the station with Hen. I'll be back in a day. Don't tell Cap I'm out." I say to Eddie wide awake and hang up on him.

I have so much energy this early in the morning. I better start looking for Maddie again.

But first, a cup of coffee.

After two cups of black coffee, a run around the hotel to get my mind off Eddie, and some complimentary breakfast, my phone starts ringing again at 6:30 am. I look down at my phone and see that Eddie is calling.