I just want you to know who I am

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐞

'𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐝 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝

𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧

𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐈 𝐚𝐦

Buck

Amelia hasn't woken up yet. It has been 3 hours since she was admitted. The medicine they gave her must have knocked her out. I'm not sure what is more powerful than an Epi-pen. I should know this since I am a firefighter.

"Dad?" I feel her jolt awake and then hear her start coughing loudly.

I gently pat her back to see if I can get the tickle out of her throat. Nothing seems to be working. Her face is getting paler by the minute.

"I don't feel good." I hear her mumble and see her face turn pale.

"Can you take a deep breath for me, Mils?" I press the nurse button while I help her sit up in bed.

I hold her back but she keeps coughing and it sounds so awful and unbearable. I hate seeing her like this.

"I can't breathe," I hear her wheeze through her speech.

"It's gonna be okay." I whisper to her and kiss her cheek.

Okay, think Evan what do I usually do in an emergency like this on a call?

I let Hen and Eddie take care of the medical.

I don't know what to do. Shit does this make me a bad father?

"Hi Nurse Amy, she just woke up and told me wasn't feeling well. She started coughing and not she's saying that she is having trouble breathing." I barely comprehend what I am saying as a nurse runs in with another one.

I can't even speak in full sentences right now.

"Excuse me sir, please take a step back from your daughter," I see her doctor walk in.

Amelia's face is pale and I cannot unsee it. She looks like she's on the verge of losing consciousness.

"I have to be with her. She needs me." I grab the bar of her hospital bed before the doctor escorts me out of the room.

What the hell just happened?

They rushed her back into the ER room and shoved me away.

I have seen circumstances like this happen on calls but this happened to my daughter.