Cellophane and duct tape

𝐂𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐚𝐩𝐞

𝐁𝐮𝐛𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐚𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞

𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐬

𝐎𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐤𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞

Buck

"Sargeant Grant, excuse me nurse. I am a friend of the patient. What's the matter here?" I hear a voice outside my door while I'm napping.

"This nurse will not let Buck's daughter visit her father in recovery. He's not in the ICU anymore, so I don't see why she can't go in." I hear Eddie say to Athena while I keep my eyes shut.

"You said she's 10 years old. Only guests ages 12 and above are allowed in the recovery rooms. I'm following the hospital protocols. Now, will you excuse me, I have to give a patient their medicine." I hear a male voice who must be the nurse.

"That's bullshit." I hear Eddie say and I'm not sure what happened next since I can't see from the hospital bed.

What happened?

Why am I in so much pain?

I undo my bed sheet and see a large bandage over my abdomen and a cast on my right leg.

OH.

"Come on, Eddie. I'll sneak Amelia in. Stay with Buck. It's not worth the fight to get angry at the nurse and ruin hospital property." I overhear Athena say to Eddie and can tell that they are right outside my door.

There's no response from Eddie.

A minute later, the man I call my crush and forbidden lover walks in wearing a wrinkled LAFD shirt. It's the first moment, in a while that I've awoken from my nap and I sure am glad I didn't go into a coma.

"Buck, you are awake. How are you feeling? You scared us out there. Don't ever run into a building with a robber and armed criminal again. Jesus Christ, I've been a mess." Eddie pulls up a chair and grasps onto my hand then lets go realizing that I have an IV in it.

"Kind of groggy and in pain. I don't know. In a way, I want to nap all day but I think I got enough rest. What happened?" I ask even though I know bits and pieces.

"From what Cap told the team, you got shot by the criminal when the building collapsed. Buck, don't ever do that stupid reckless shit again. We need you. The team loves you." Eddie grasps my other hand and squeezes it.

Oh, so Eddie doesn't love me but the team loves me?

I am confused and still feeling the pain medicine after effect.