I know it won't work like that, huh?

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 '𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞n

𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭

'𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤, 𝐛𝐮𝐭

𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭, 𝐡𝐮𝐡?

Eddie

It's been a week or so since the thunderstorm passed. Buck still only talks to me when we're on calls. It's kind of immature and rude. 

Cap bought me into his office a few days ago to see why we were fighting during the ferris wheel incident. I had no answer for him, only a shrug and I promise it won't happen again phrase came out of my mouth. I honestly wish that case went smoother. 

"Sí, mamá, te ayudaré a mudarte de tu departamento." I hold the phone to my ear while packing Chris' lunch for school tomorrow. (Yes, mom, I'll help you move out of your apartment tomorrow.)

He's old enough to do it himself but I promised him 30 minutes of video games on school nights after homework.

I can't break that promise.

He's been missing Amelia a lot and every time he asks to see her I just tell him to go play computer games until dinner.

"I have to go Chris is getting hungry and I can't burn down the kitchen again." I say in English to my mother who is starting to talk to me in spanish about finding a partner. 

I don't need a partner.

Chris and I are happy here. 

I hang up on her before she can start rattling off names of spanish clubs to meet women. 

"Chris, the mac and cheese is almost done!" I yell to him while I'm stirring it.

It's the one thing I can cook. Milk, shredded cheese, and noodles, that is all I need.

"Chris, I'm going to have to decrease your video game time!" I yell to him again.

Sometimes he can't hear me because his headphones are on loud. 

I turn the stove off and go over to his room down the hall.

"Chris, are you in the bathroom?" I barge into his room and don't see him anywhere. 

"Chris, do you need help?" I knock on his bathroom door but it opens wide and clear for me.

He's not here.