'Cause you never know what it meant to me

'𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞

'𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐠𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭

𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭

Eddie

It's been almost two weeks since the fire at Amelia's school. Chris keeps asking me about Amelia. It's adorable and nice to hear.

I don't know what to say to him sometimes.

He watched a movie with her for about 2 hours and bonded with her so well.

I don't know what they talked about.

Kids have secrets.

I still think of Chris as a kid even though he's 13.

 "Dad! Can we see Buck and Amelia today?" I watch Chris come down the stairs with bedhead stairs as he grabs his crutches from the side of the railing.

"Woah woah woah. What about some breakfast first, Mijo?" I ask him while I am attempting to cook toast.

"Amelia was sad the other day." Chris says while I cut up some fruit for him.

That's something I can do whereas toast is another level.

"Yeah, she was. Do you want to make her a card and get her a care package?" I try to come up with a creative get-well gift idea.

"No. She wants a Disney Movie night. She told me that her friends were mean to her when she said she liked Tangled.  I told her that we could watch Tangled next time we have a movie night. She likes that I wanted to be her friend, Dad." I listen to Chris talk while I am waiting for the toast to finish cooking in the toaster.

I vaguely remember Buck talking about how Amelia had a hard time making friends in elementary school.

"That's not good. Why don't we go grocery shopping for snacks? I will ask Buck when we can join him and Amelia for another movie night." I look up at Chris and see him put a thumbs up while he pours himself a cup of orange juice.

All of a sudden, my phone starts ringing and Chris passes it to me from the kitchen table.

"Thanks." I mumble to him while plating his toast then leaving the kitchen to take the call.

I go back to my bedroom to take the call and see that the caller ID is Buck.

"Good morning Buck, what's going on?" I double-check my Apple watch and see that I don't have a shift today.