A month of meetings

Yuri sat alone in the back of the Cafe. His head hung low as he gripped his hair with one hand. He starred at the sheet of paper before him. He just didn't have enough money for his essentials! How was he going to pay for everything. The coffee beside him was growing cold as he heard the jingle announcing another customer. For some reason, Yuri glanced up.

His mouth fell open. There, walking in, was the most glamorous, the most fabulous person he had ever seen. That was saying a lot since Yuri made his living taking photos of star studded celebrities. He also worked a regular job as a wedding photographer and an office clerk, but he knew beauty. Nothing was more perfect than that smile! Those dashing chiseled cheekbones!

Yuri picked up the small camera he always kept with him. Muting the flash, opening the f-stop, he zeroed in on that smile. He snapped a few shots. Then he pulled the zoomed back to take in a full body shot. He had to be a little more patient at this. The guys bodyguards seemed to be milling around him. Yuri waited, he got the perfect shot! Right when the barista handed the man his coffee, then he took a sip. White foam coated his upper lip. It was the best picture Yuri had ever taken.

He wasn't sure who this man was, but Yuri was positive he was someone famous! He just knew these photos would make his bank for the month! Yuri had just tucked his camera away when the man turned. Icy blue eyes scanned the tables around Yuri. He hung his dark head. Fixing he glasses, he just couldn't meet this eyes!

Yuri sat alone back here nearly every night. Never had he had a reason to make money at it. He piled his books together, gulped down the rest of his, now cold coffee, and rushed for the door. The man had sat down at the front of the tables where Yuri had been hiding.

"Hey, wait!" A thick accented voice yelled out to him.

Yuri didn't pause. If he dropped something or left anything behind, the owners would give it to him next time. He fumbled his keys out of his pocket as he dashed up the outside steps along the building. The apartment was small, but it was two bedrooms. Even if one was the size of a broom closet. It worked for Yuri's work studio.

He set his things on a wobbly table next to the door. Jiggling it slightly got it aligned with he cardboard Yuri stuffed under one short leg. The table stabilized. Yuri leaned against the door as he flipped through the quick shots he had taken. Not knowing who the man was, wouldn't stop him from selling the photos. He knew just who to call.

Walking to his studio, he set up a collage of the shots. He emailed them, covered in water marks to the point where you couldn't really see too much of the photo, to his contact. Yuri waited. His stomach rumbled.

Getting up he went to see if he had any food left in the house. He found some rice, a lone piece of chicken and a few vegetables. Checking his bank account as they cooed he sighed. He needed to sell these prints! He decided.

Dumping everything into a bowl, he picked up his chopsticks, eating as he walked toward his studio once more. The computer was still on, opened to his email. Yuri noted he had a reply, clicking it he was nearly blasted out of his chair.

Instead of it being a typed reply, his contact had sent him a video of himself practically yelling at the camera!

"YOU GOT PHOTOS OF VIKTOR NIKIFOROV!!!" He sat back pushing his glasses up.

"No one knows where he has gone off to train! I will pay you double the normal price for every single photo you got! Triple if you're willing to tell me just where you took these!"

Yuri may be in need of money, but he had a feeling that this Viktor guy, really needed his privacy right now. He had no idea who he was still. He clicked the reply button stating that double was fine. If he can get more he would. To Yuri's shock the money was deposited in his account t within the hour! It was enough for him to make his bills for the next three months! This was great.