The smell of home

"Viktor!" Yuri shook his head, the scenery outside was looking more familiar.

Yuri couldn't explain, how just seeing it, made him feel better. His parents were simple folk. They didn't get the whole internet thing, they didn't see Yuri's flaws all of the time. They knew he had once enjoyed ice skating, but now he liked taking pictures. How was he ever going to explain, Viktor Nikiforov to them? He snorted at the thought.

Viktor's head poked under his arm. Yuri tried to ignore him. Viktor peered up from his chest to gaze at Yuri. Yuri looked away, but the smile tugged at his lips. Viktor sensed the weakness. He moved closer, if that were possible.

"Yuiriii?" he sang out.

"Viktor." Yuri couldn't help the small giggle that escaped him.

This seemed to make Viktor happy. He snickered as he practically crawled on top of Yuri. With Makkchin on the other side, Yuri was trapped between them. Viktor kissed his nose.

"You are happier already." Viktor smiled.

"Yeah, I suppose. Just wait until you get me to town." Yuri sighed.

His family was simple, but the town never forgot him. He gazed out the window. The familiar sights, flying past the car. Soon he could pick out places he had gone with his family. Then, they made the last wide bend, coming into the places Yuri would walk, train, and skate.

His eyes went to the rink settled above them. He said nothing to Viktor about it as he watched it glide past. Soon, it was behind him, as a mix of emotions flooded through him. Yuri sighed. He leaned forward to watch the town draw them in. As it enveloped the car, Yuri felt both a sense of peace, as well as anxiety toward what might be waiting.

The car started the long road upwards. It only looked long. Yuri remembered running down it for school. Rushing his friends as they ran toward the Ice Castle. Memories washed over him, the time Yuuko fell. She scraped her knee. Yuri was so worried for her, he piggyback carried her back to his home. His parents were busy with guest, so he took her to his bathroom. He cleaned the wound with peroxide, she cried about it. He blew on it to make the sting feel better, before bandaging it up.

"You're smiling." Viktor's voice sounded far away. Yuri turned to look at him.

"Just remembering." Yuri whispered.

"Hmm." Viktor's icy blue eyes danced as he looked upon the dark male beside him.

Yuri snorted, turning away. He watched as the car pulled into the drive of his house.

"Go around to the right. The road dips down toward the back entrance." Yuri instructed.

"But, Yuri, we are guests." Viktor cooed as the car pulled up out front of the hot spring spa.

"You are a guest." Yuri huffed.

He had to wait for the driver to open the door. Viktor to get out, then Yuri stepped from the sleek looking car.

"YURI!" A voice cried out.

"Hi, Mari!" Yuri mumbled as his sister rushed into hug him.

"You didn't tell us you were coming." She cried.

"I didn't know." He spoke into her smoke smelling hair.

"I kidnapped him." The soft smooth accented voice spoke over their heads.

"Oh my, you're him!" Mari had turned from her brother, to see the guy beside him.

"Yes, I'm Yuri's boyfriend." Viktor held out a hand.

"YURI!" Mari cried out, smacking her brother's arm.

"YOU'RE DATING VIKTOR NIKIFOROV!" She yelled.

"Please stop yelling." Yuri hung his reddened face. Mari punched him in the chest.