A time to breathe

"You mean, uh..." Yuri blushed pushing back away from the taller skater.

Viktor curled his arms tighter around the slim body.

"No." Viktor cooed in Yuri's ear.

He snuggled his head against Yuri's shoulder. Just cuddling tighter to the dark haired man, was relaxing for him. Yuri glanced down at the silver head, or what he could see of it. He couldn't quite relax. He wasn't sure what was going on, right now.

"Uh? Viktor?" he asked.

"I mean, yes, some day, when you're ready," Viktor lifted his head.

He gazed into the soft brown eyes. They were wide with confusion, wonder and a hint of something else. Viktor trailed his finger over the smooth skin of the other's face. He kissed his forehead.

"I would love to be your first, but if you read the contract, I never put sex in there." He insisted.

Yuri gaped at him. Viktor pulled away. He sat Yuri up on the couch. Pulling a footstool over he sat before him. His head down, Viktor folded his long fingers together, between his knees.

"I won't force you to do anything you're not comfortable with." He began.

Yuri scrunched back on the couch. Something told hum to give the skater as much space as he could. Viktor gave the floor a sad smile.

"I am a very touchy person. I will invade your personal space." He giggled slightly.

"At least, in public." Viktor raised his head.

"There are two bedrooms here. No one outside these walls needs to know where you sleep when you stay here." He added softly.

"But I need to stay here occasionally?" Yuri asked.

"Yes. That was in the contract." Viktor said.

Yuri felt his stomach twist. It wasn't the fact that he needed to spend a few nights here, it wasn't even the fact that Viktor did actually know about personal space, it was that look. The haunted look that deadened those icy blue eyes. The look of a boy pleading with his mother for some affection. The look of loneliness. Yuri knew it all too well.

"What I meant before.." Viktor waved a hand. "I just wanted to cuddle on the couch with you." He added.

Viktor stood to go take care of the table set up. Yuri didn't know what came over him, he dove for the trailing hand. He wasn't even sure if Viktor knew he let it trail slightly behind him. Yuri caught the slender fingers in his own. His mind saw how odd their hands looked together.

Yuri's were smaller, more round, rougher looking. Where Viktor's were elegant, stunning, long and slender and perfect. Yuri pushed the thought away. He pulled on that hand. Viktor fell sideways. His head managed to land in Yuri's lap.

"We can cuddle." Yuri spoke down at the shocked look on the older male's face.

Viktor smiled. He reached his free hand up. Pushing away Yuri's hair, Viktor trialed a finger over his cheekbones, down his jawline to brush along his lips. They gazed at each other for a moment. Yuri wasn't even aware that he stroked his other hand through the soft silver locks.

"You are a surprise, Yuri." Viktor whispered.

"Just know that this is our first date, so I'm not staying. That would be too forward of me. One movie and I am heading home." Yuri insisted.

Viktor laughed. "As you wish." He gave in.

Viktor handed Yuri the remote for the TV. The skater rushed to a bin in the closet to pull out a large comfy looking blanket. He pressed Yuri into the corner of the couch. Tucking his long legs up on the armrest, Viktor laid in Yuri's lap.