Flights and fancy

The car pulled up to the airport drop off area. It was nearly two towns away. Yuri snorted. No wonder the drive was so long. He fixed his jacket, as he stepped from the car. He was redressed. Viktor was in his element. Hair perfect, body being hugged by his training gear. Yuri grinned at the beautiful smile on the skaters face. An arm looped around his waist.

"You're starring, love." Viktor murmured in his ear.

"You look good." Yuri offered, his face warming.

"Ah, I love your blushes!" Viktor cooed squeezing Yuri tighter.

They walked into the airport. The cool air from the AC unit washed over them. Yuri breathed deeply, closing his eyes. He could almost see it... those times as a kid when he would come home. Half the town would be waiting to greet him. His smile widened as he heard cries, cheers and women call8ng out love messages.

He opened his eyes to see, that part, hadn't been in his head. There were hordes of women being held back by a barrier, with police stationed at intervals around it. Yuri's mouth fell open! How had so many found out? How had they all gotten here?

Viktor was suave, smooth and charming as he moved through them. He signed pictures, books or whatever they held out to him. One tried to get him to sign her boob. He laughed, saying he would, if she tattooed it there. She quickly handed him a paper. He laughed again, allowing someone else to take a photo with him.

"You're Yuri Katsuki." A voice spoke from nearby Yuri. He turned his head.

He saw the man that had been with Viktor that first night he had seen the amazingly good looking guy.

"Yes, sir." Yuri said.

"I've watched your videos. You have talent. Viktor says you can still do it." Yakov looked up at Yuri.

The younger man avoided eye contact. "I suppose." Yuri muttered.

"Come with Viktor to his morning practice. Be ready to show me his latest short program." The man turned away.

"I'm sorry, but you msy have the wrong idea..." Yuri began.

"You want to get back on the ice. You want to take Viktor away from us to do it." Yakov turned to look at the young skater.

"He would be the worst coach. His brain isn't like others..." Yakov coughed as he chuckled at that.

"Show me what you have. I'll see where you go." He walked away then, not allowing the man to offer any more resistance.

Yuri sighed. Yakov was someone Viktor looked up to. If he could impress him, maybe ... No what was he thinking?

He needed to bomb this audition, or what ever it was! He couldn't let Viktor coach him! He couldn't let Viktor leave the ice for him! Yuri shook his head. He would show Yakov that he was, indeed, the failure everyone thought he was. Yakov would convince Viktor. That was all there was. Yuri had said good bye to the ice. This dream was over for him.

He turned to follow Viktor into the terminal.

"Yakov! You came!" Viktor cried at seeing the grumpy looking gnome.

He rushed up to hug him. The man actually cracked a small smile at this. An angry voice spoke from somewhere Yuri couldn't see.

"Oh look, he brought the fat little piggy!" A yellow haired teen stepped out to glare at Yuri. Yuri grinned at him.

"Hello Yurio." He offered.

The teen snorted, but didn't say anything back. Yuri counted it as a small victory. Together they headed toward the boarding gates. Yuri was confused. He tried to go to the ticket counter. Viktor took his hand.