Negotiations

Yuri gazed into the mirror above his bathroom sink. It was mean! Reflected in the glass surface was a tired looking man. Bags hung under his dark eyes. His hair stuck up all over. He looked like he was sick, or maybe dying! He had been up all night.

After Viktor spouted out his insane offer, Yuri had sat down at the counter. The owner, Bea came over. She placed a cup of steaming coffee on the counter before him. She patted his hand as he stared at the card.

"He never asked if you were into boys." Bea's soft little giggle brought Yuri aware of her presence. He thanked her for the coffee.

Neither did he move to take the cup, or to leave his seat. He stared at the card. What was he going to do? Date Viktor Nikiforov? What would that even entail? I guess this contract would tell him, right. Could he do it? Was he into him?

Yuri shook his head. Who was he fooling! Of course he was! It was why he came to this dinner lately, just to see the silver haired fox! Viktor was beautiful in a surreal sort of way. His silver hair, ice blue eyes, thin body, legs that looked strong enough to kill. That butt though! How many walnuts has he cracked with that?

Yuri had pushed his hair up as he rested his head in his hand. Bea patted his other hand.

"He comes in here a lot asking about you." She offered.

"Wh, what?" Yuri gave her his full attention.

That was how he found out that Viktor had been sneaking into the dinner without his coach or body guards. He had sat here delighting the girls, as Bea described it, for any information on Yuri. They had told them everything.

"Even you?" Yuri asked his hope sinking.

Bea had been a high school pal of Yuri's mother. That was show he knew of the apartment.

"Of course not dear." She giggled conspiraitually.

"It takes more than a beautiful face and glowing smile to get these lips to talk." She teased.

Yuri smiled back. Then they spent about throaty minutes going over every detail of what made Viktor Nikiforov gorgeous! Yuri had finished his coffee before going up to his room. There he spent a few hours going through his photos of the day. He got them separated and ready for the next stage. Next, he attempted to sleep.

Three hours of tossing and turning did nothing. He got up, had chamomile tea, used the bathroom, tried to sleep some more. It didn't help. His mind was filled with what to do.

Should he take Viktor up on this deal? What would happen to Yuri's life if his family and friends found out he was into guys?

Well, ok, his close friends knew, but his business? Would it matter? Dating a star like Viktor, even if it was faked, would defiantly make him visible.

Five o'clock his alarm went off. This found him now starring at the image the mirror was being cruel to reveal. He looked horrible! Who would believe someone as perfectly put together as thee Viktor Nikiforov could love this! Yuri turned from the mirror in disgust with himself.

He already knew he was going to that rink! He showered in less than five minutes. Found some leggings, a tight black tee shirt and track jacket to put on. He slipped his ear buds in. Might as well make the most of it!

Grabbing a protein bar, his coffee finished brewing, so he snapped a lid on it. Then he was out the door. Halfway down the steps, he gazed toward the rink. It was here he could just see the glistening dome through the trees. Telling himself, for who knows how many times, he was only going to hear the terms of this contract, that was all. Yuri set out at a jogging pace.